This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Kosmo 11 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Mike Traynor
    Participant

Once you arrive in Asheville you will want to get out and ride, ride, ride on some of the world’s most fabulous motorcycling roads. Ride out of the Biltmore Estate to the entrance and turn right onto route 25 headed south to the Blue Rdge Parkway. Turn north on the BRP to the highway 74-A eastbound exit. Ride 22 miles south on a true roller coaster road to Lake Lure. Stop for a bottle of water there or lunch and retrace your steps west on 74-A to highway 9. Take highway 9 north to Black Mountain. This road has more twists and curves and is better than 74-A was and you thought that was the best ever! Ride into Black Mountain, a bustling little mountain community that loves motorcyclists. Have lunch at My Father’s Pizza or any other food emporium in town. Then it is an easy 16 mile jaunt back to Asheville via I-40 westbound exiting at highway 25 to get back to the Biltmore. There are a gazzillion more roads here much like these.

Just outside the gates of the Biltmore Estate is the quaint little community created by George Vanderbilt aptly named Biltmore Village with numerous one of a kind resturants and shops including a very good Mexican restaurant named La Paz.

If you need more info about Asheville I will do my best to help. You can reach me at 828-665-6891 – at the Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation/Ride for Kids – Ride safe, Mike Traynor

bertbrumfield
    Participant

[QUOTE=Mike Traynor »]
    If you need more info about Asheville I will do my best to help. You can reach me at 828-665-6891 – at the Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation/Ride for Kids – Ride safe, Mike Traynor[/QUOTE]

Mike is President [U]AND FOUNDER [/U]of the Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation AND lives in the Asheville area. I am sure that he knows a LOT about motorcycling in the Asheville area.

You won’t remember me, Mike, but I look forward to seeing you again in Asheville. I worked the starting grid area with Walt Sweatt for many years.

bmwloco
    Participant

I’m a native of Brevard, live in Asheville, and know the roads of WNC like the back for my hand. 300,000 miles on BMWs too.

Let me put it this way: The Dragon isn’t the only good road in the area 😎

scbmwrider
    Participant

[QUOTE=bmwloco »]I’m a native of Brevard, live in Asheville, and know the roads of WNC like the back for my hand. 300,000 miles on BMWs too.

Let me put it this way: The Dragon isn’t the only good road in the area :cool:[/QUOTE]

SHHHH don’t let them know about all of them 😉

bmwloco
    Participant

Don’t worry. We have carpet baggers, half backs (move from New England to Florida then move here) and the assorted nuts who think Asheville is some vortex area for hippidom and navel gazing.

They all clog our roads. All the more reason to be very quiet about the good roads.

Kosmo
    Participant

Along with the great roads we have some of the best eaten around. While your on hwy 74 headen toward Lake Lure for a ” biker hang out ” stop in and see the guys at Acme Motorcycles, maybe Earl will have his smoker going. Speaking of smokers, try 12 Bones on Riverside Dr. thier only open m-f 11:00-4:00 best smoked grub anywhere….and tell’em why & how you found out. For a cold brew try Jack of the Wood in downtown Asheville…Barleys…well the list can go on and on.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.