fbpx

Anyone riding from Minnesota to the RA rally in Vermont Tuesday Morning?

Home Forums BMWRA International Rally Info Previous years… 2010 Rally – Pownal, VT Anyone riding from Minnesota to the RA rally in Vermont Tuesday Morning?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Glenfiddich 9 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Glenfiddich
    Participant

Unless you want to see Ottawa and ride faster, consider 60 a little to the south thru the Algonquin Provincial Park. I just rode my hack (with dog as co-pilot) to North Bay and back to Vermont. Took the 17 out and found it okay: good pavement, nice road, but scenery often lacking. On the way back I dropped down to Huntsville and took 60 back east to 416, then turned south and crossed over at Prescott ON/Ogdensberg NY. Nearly as fast, much more scenic, and spared me the Big City Blues. Upstate NY to the Plattsburg ferry crossing was also much nicer than the major roads from Highgate VT thru Montreal to Ottawa.

BTW: The US and Canadian Dollars are essentially at par right now, and were accepted at face value in most of the places I bought things. Also, US credit cards won’t work at the pump, but they do work inside the gas stations.

jlawrence
    Participant

Thanks for the info. I will check out the map and see how it looks.

JL

Glenfiddich
    Participant

If you have your heart set on 17, consider entering at Port Huron, then riding up the eastern shore of Huron to Tobermory and catching the ferry to South Beymouth. It’s a great experience and lets you bypass the chaos that is Toronto while enjoying some very scenic lake and farm country. If you’re camping this time of year you’ll have better luck finding a site at the non-hydro provincial parks. Those on the lakes tend to fill in advance.

Ride safely!

jlawrence
    Participant

Looking for a riding buddy. Leaving the twin cities Tuesday morning 7/27 and traveling through northern Wisconsin through the UP into Canada. Taking Highway 17 towards Ottawa and down to Vermont and the rally site. Should be a great ride.

JL

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.