Anyone going to Barber motorsports?

Home Forums General discussion Ride Reports and Event Planning Anyone going to Barber motorsports?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Dutch 10 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Dutch
    Participant

Hey all: Got back on the 26th. Had a great time but didn’t make it to Barber’s. Rode the “trace”, then the dragon and several other roads that my son knew about. Left Nashville in the rain (sound’s like a country song title, doen’t it?) and didn’t get dry until Louisville. (Here’s a suggestion, buy GOOD rain gear!!!) Took the back roads to Athens Ohio to visit my daughter and her family, and spent three days riding the “triple digit” roads along the Ohio and hocking rivers and spoiling my grand sons rotten!! It don’t get any better then that for a granpa, tryst me!! Vaya con Dios, Dutch

ANTON LARGIADER
    Participant

Sounds like a great trip! I haven’t ridden the trace; a friend of mine (on my bike) got pulled over there and his impression was that the speed/fun ratio wasn’t all that great. No ticket BTW; he played the dumb foreign tourist.

Southeastern OH is a lot of fun. It helps to have X-ray vision so you can see through the hills, huh?

10-4 on the country song title. I bet the Louisville bit could be the last line.

Dutch
    Participant

Hey all; The speed limit in the trace is anywhere from 45 to fifty-five MPH. They folks in charge are VERY serious about this!!! Trust me!! Playing the lost or confused tourist does work, but only to a point. The roads of S.E. Ohio are some of the nicest to be found anywhere, but you do have to stay on your toes, as the signage isn’t always the best, and the road just over the next hill (and there are lot’s of hills!!) may not turn the direction you think it should!!. West verginia has some very nice roads as well. In fact,if I had my druther’s, I’d move down there in a heart beat. (of course I’d have to leave my wife here, as she doesn’t do hot weather worth a darn.) Think spring!! Vaya con Dios, dutch.

Dutch
    Participant

Hey all; Well, Got the Beemer ready, camping gear sorted out, money set asside. Leaving this saturday for Barber via Nashville. Anyone else heading down that way? Plan to spend a couple of days riding around Tenn. with my oldest son, then heading for BMSP Thursday for the vintage days. Any takers? Any suggestions on route, where to camp, eat ect.? Thanks, Dutch

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.