fbpx

This topic contains 33 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  Roy Jackson 11 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • Author

Dutch
    Participant

Hey all; I’ll cast a second vote for the Shenandoah Valley in the fall!!! Just can’t get much nicer then that! (Unless you have it back in the U.P. in the fall.) This suspense in driving me around the bend!! Vaya con Dios, Dutch

PRETZL ANDREW
    Participant

OK – it’s after Labor day, any news?????

Roy Jackson
    Participant

[QUOTE=kewlmoose »]OK – it’s after Labor day, any news?????[/QUOTE]

According to me inside moles, nothing yet, but soon. 😎

MARK FLANAGAN
    Participant

[QUOTE=Beemer-me-up »]According to me inside moles, nothing yet, but soon. :cool:[/QUOTE]

When will it be now? Soon.

KENNITH OSBORNE
    Participant

With gas prices and the current and near future economic situation, I would hope they have it within a reasonable distance of a large concentration of members. I think a rally west of the Mississippi would have a low attendance due to economics.

I think the rally needs to be within about 500 miles of many members homes to have a good turnout.

PRETZL ANDREW
    Participant

Any word yet??? How about a hint?

jeremell
    Participant

I think that the earlier the club can announce the location, the more people will be able to make arrangements to attend.

I was trying to look at when the annoucement was made last year. It appears that it wasn’t announced until December:

[url]http://www.bmwra.org/forum/showthread.php?t=106&page=4[/url]

MARK FLANAGAN
    Participant

If it’s gonna be in June again it needs to be announced soon for some to get the time off. Regardless, if the location is great I will pull out all stops to attend. I regret every RA rally I’ve missed!

[B]
    So, when & where is it?[/B]

BadgerX
    Participant

You guys don’t really want something too close to where you already live, do you? If you want to go to those places just take a weekend and ride.

The rally needs to be in a place that you might not go to otherwise. You need it as a rationalizing event. [I]Well, I normally wouldn’t, but…[/I]

I live in Maryland and I am pulling for Seattle or Anchorage.

Most of us need the excitement.

Come on Anchorage!

MARK FLANAGAN
    Participant

[QUOTE=BadgerX »]You guys don’t really want something too close to where you already live, do you? If you want to go to those places just take a weekend and ride.

The rally needs to be in a place that you might not go to otherwise. You need it as a rationalizing event. [I]Well, I normally wouldn’t, but…[/I]

Come on Anchorage![/QUOTE]

Sounds good but I got to be able to get there in 2-3 days. Only can take a week off.
    I think Nova Scotia or New Brunswick would do it for me!

BadgerX
    Participant

New Brunswick or Nova Scotia would be nice. They’re both not [I]too [/I]far from a large pocket of the population on the East Coast.

KENNITH OSBORNE
    Participant

[QUOTE=BadgerX »]You guys don’t really want something too close to where you already live, do you? If you want to go to those places just take a weekend and ride.

Come on Anchorage![/QUOTE]

Some of us have other responsibilities or medical conditions that prevent long trips that take up many days. Due to my wife’s medical condition, I limit my trips to within 500 miles of home. This has allowed me to go to RA rallies in Shelbyville, Birmingham and the Biltmore as well as MOA rallies in Lima and Charleston. The MOA rally next year is within an hour of my house.

MichiganMike
    Participant

Whenever there is a decision and official notificication PLEASE cross post to the IBMWR List with location and dates. Many of us review that list daily and don’t always get to the RA or MOA forums etc. TIA. Mike

PRETZL ANDREW
    Participant

Maine? 😀

MARK FLANAGAN
    Participant

Early June?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.