This topic contains 33 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  ROY JACKSON 10 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author

kewlmoose
    Participant

Still waitin…… :confused:

TOM BARNHART
    Participant

Since the MOA Rally will be in the hottest part of the summer, why not have an early fall rally in the Appalachain mountains so we can better enjoy the cooler weather. The memories of the Biltmore heat and water shortage linger. Also, give some thought to having an affordable rally, not a fund raiser for the site sponsor.

KENNITH OSBORNE
    Participant

[QUOTE=Tom Barnhart »]Since the MOA Rally will be in the hottest part of the summer, why not have an early fall rally in the Appalachain mountains so we can better enjoy the cooler weather. The memories of the Biltmore heat and water shortage linger. Also, give some thought to having an affordable rally, not a fund raiser for the site sponsor.[/QUOTE]

The heat and drought at the Biltmore was a fluke. The normal weather at that time of year in the area is very cool and everything is green and blooming. I live two and a half hours from the Biltmore and ponds went dry around where I live that had never been dry before and the local lakes were the lowest they had ever been. The MOA rally will only be about an hour and a half (or less) from the Biltmore and it will be comfortable there if the weather is anywhere near normal.

Anyway, I like the rallies that we have had early in October even though Shelbyville was cold.

MARK FLANAGAN
    Participant

So, here is something funny. We were guessing where for the past two months. So after the announcement is made I take a peek over at the MOA forum and there are a couple posts made a while ago that say Canaan valley. Hummmm 😮

ANTON LARGIADER
    Participant

Actually the first mention I see of it on the MOA forum was a link to the announcement on this forum. Was anything announced before this one?

[url]http://www.bmwra.org/forum/showthread.php?t=327[/url]

KENNITH OSBORNE
    Participant

[QUOTE=AntonLargiader »]Actually the first mention I see of it on the MOA forum was a link to the announcement on this forum. Was anything announced before this one?

[url]http://www.bmwra.org/forum/showthread.php?t=327[/url][/QUOTE]

I don’t think so. I saw it here first and posted it immediately on both the MOA forum and the Chromehead forum.

MARK FLANAGAN
    Participant

I saw some posts over there mentioning rumor of Canaan Valley and they were dated before Nov 18th.

[url]http://www.bmwmoa.org/forum/showthread.php?t=29542[/url] [B]see post 14[/B]

ROY JACKSON
    Participant

[QUOTE=MarkF »]I saw some posts over there mentioning rumor of Canaan Valley and they were dated before Nov 18th.

[url]http://www.bmwmoa.org/forum/showthread.php?t=29542[/url] [B]see post 14[/B][/QUOTE]

Lucky Guess 😎

MARK FLANAGAN
    Participant

The location of the MOA rally has little to do with the RA rally. Since they both are negotiating for a long time before either knows what the other is doing. I prefer after Labor Day but if not before July is OK, too. [B]Can someone at least say when it will be next year?[/B]

ROY JACKSON
    Participant

[QUOTE=MarkF »]The location of the MOA rally has little to do with the RA rally. Since they both are negotiating for a long time before either knows what the other is doing. I prefer after Labor Day but if not before July is OK, too. [B][COLOR=”Red”]Can someone at least say when it will be next year?[/[/COLOR]B][/QUOTE]

yes 1-01-09,:D I’m sorry I just couldn’t help myself. I hear a date and location will be announced right after Labor Day. With both Rallys on the east coast, (I’m assuming that the RA will be), I just might be able to attend them both next year. 😎

KENNITH OSBORNE
    Participant

I would like the rally to be after labor day and I would prefer the East Coast since I’m selfish. I know the MOA rally is going to be in Tennessee so fairness would suggest the RA rally should be farther West but we have better attendance in the East.

Ken

MARK FLANAGAN
    Participant

I’m thinking if it has to be June the second weekend would be great. I could go to the BMWBMW Square Route Rally then blow a week going to the Ra in…

CTYankee
    Participant

Please let it be New England…PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE….

KENNITH OSBORNE
    Participant

[QUOTE=CTYankee »]Please let it be New England…PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE….[/QUOTE]

You don’t want to have to ride through the traffic nightmare to get to the south and I don’t want to ride through it to get to the north. I think the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia would be an excellent location.

MARK FLANAGAN
    Participant

[QUOTE=osbornk »]You don’t want to have to ride through the traffic nightmare to get to the south and I don’t want to ride through it to get to the north. I think the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia would be an excellent location.[/QUOTE]
    Anywhere near the BRP is good with me!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.