fbpx

This topic contains 22 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Bob T 8 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author

gene
    Participant

I’m bringin’ Metaxa…Greek brandy

Glenfiddich
    Participant

Nine days and a wake up! The rig needs a fire extinguisher and a good coat of wax to protect the paint, but is otherwise ready for the trip. Still need to pick up dog emergency meds then will start the endless pack and repack drill. I had it down last year, but over the winter I added panniers and a three gallon Rotopax for extra fuel. So of course last year’s packing plan is back to square one!

Looking forward to meeting you all!

DOGGETT MARK
    Participant

Found this picture of me and my husband Mark. We’re going to have lots of food available at the rally. You don’t even have to leave. Friday night fish fry is going to be a 1 trip through buffet. Beer battered fish, baked fish, pork, chicken, salad, homemade baked beans, coleslaw, veggies and dip and roll and butter. All for $10.
    [IMG]http://i452.photobucket.com/albums/qq249/markdoggett/laurenbabyVacationsouth2008028.jpg[/IMG]

JACOBS KAREN

Mark needs to see his dentist. (And his dietician)

DOGGETT MARK
    Participant

The first 1500 people will get a rally mug that holds 20 ounces of fine Leinenkugel’s beer. Tickets will be sold at $3/ticket or 4/$10. A great beer can cost you $2.50 while you’re listening to the band in the beer tent.

For us wine drinkers – we have selected a white and red wine. Mark and I are wine snobs (well in the $10-$20 range) so this isn’t going to be Mogen David.

At this time in two weeks, we’ll be eating our fish fries and waiting for the band to start. Doesn’t get much better than that.

Glenfiddich
    Participant

I don’t suppose an extremely happy and well-behaved golden retriever on a leash would be allowed in the beer tent..?

JACOBS KAREN

Don’t forget the food your rally chairs have planned. Chicken on Thursday, Taditional Wisconsin Fish Fry etc on Friday and Pulled Pork on Saturday. On site, modest price and Yum!

Glenfiddich
    Participant

I’m frantically packing. Barley doesn’t seem to have a worry in the world.

[IMG]http://i444.photobucket.com/albums/qq164/TadcasterDog/Dogs/63593219.jpg[/IMG]

sdpc2
    Participant

I will attest to wonderful dog Barley is…..

[QUOTE=Glenfiddich »]I don’t suppose an extremely happy and well-behaved golden retriever on a leash would be allowed in the beer tent..?[/QUOTE]

Bob T
    Participant

Final packing tonight…out in the AM…
    Going to hit Wildcat Mountain and the Mindoro Cut on the way up…Wednesday night stay in Black River Falls…at the rally Thursday before lunch…

See ya all there…

Glenfiddich
    Participant

Till my dog and I set out in the sidecar for the rally! :biggrin

We’re heading north into Ontario, then camping all the way around the Great Lakes and into the UP before dropping down to Chippewa Falls. Not sure if I’m more excited about the trip or about meeting all my new friends, but the entire experience will be fantastic!

See you there!

Pete and Barley

[IMG]http://i444.photobucket.com/albums/qq164/TadcasterDog/Bike%20Stuff/Rides/f46b1205.jpg[/IMG]

Merlin III
    Participant

Glen, All I can say is with a traveling companion like yours you must make friends everywhere you go! : )

Roy Jackson
    Participant

[SIZE=”3″]Hi Glenfiddich, I can’t wait, my group is leaving on the 25th going more or less the same route. We plan to continue on to Winnipeg then south into the USA to the Aerostitch open house then on to the rally. Should be a great ride…:thumb [/SIZE]

Glenfiddich
    Participant

Be sure to introduce yourselves if we meet up. Barley insists on more pee breaks than I’m used to, so our daily mileage is around 350 or so. And that CAB means the beer is on me.

Semper fi,
    Pete

Merlin III
    Participant

Glen, I like Magic Hat #9. We probably can’t get it in Wisconsin. : ) Would any of you guys be willing to share your planned route?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.