fbpx

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Lisa_ST 5 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Lisa_ST
    Participant

We are looking at the idea of doing a “Pecha Kucha”. This is a story teller’s cafe. What that all means is that you would be doing a 6 minute 40 second presentation about a topic of interest to the BMWRA community. It could be about a trip, an event that happened to you, a particular experience, a piece of equipment: almost anything that you could talk about in under 7 minutes. It would be “proctored” by someone of noteriety to the BMWRA community and they would intersperse stories they have with other member stories. If you want more information about this format, go to [url]http://www.pechakucha.org[/url] to see more about this format.

As I said we’re thinking about running this as track along side a full seminar-type track if we have the room for it!

What do you think?

HUTCHINSON KARL
    Participant

Lisa,

I think it’s an excellent idea. After all, isn’t sharing your experiences with others an integral part of motorcycling? We do it all the time whenever we get together in any size group.

Lisa_ST
    Participant

OK Karl: here’s the challenge. You’re first. Talk to me off forum about what your talk will be. Mine will be able having both tires go flat in the middle of nowhere in Utah…I’ve got great photos!!!

Lisa

Lisa_ST
    Participant

OK…so I know it’s early but I’m an overachiever and a nervous Nellie. I’m the Seminar coordinator for the 2014 Rally and I’d like to get some good speakers lined up to speak at the Rally. If you would like to speak or know someone who SHOULD speak, please contact me off the forum at [email]tripgrrl@gmail.com[/email]. I’m going to specifically look for people who want to talk about classic bikes, new bikes and technology, interesting facets of motorcycle riding, and other topics that would be entertaining. Don’t hold back folks! You all have stuff to contribute so let’s make the 2014 Rally a great sharing experience!

KENT DONALD
    Participant

I would suggest The Bergalia Boys, Wade Stubbs and Philip Atkinson. They did a Circle to Circle ride (North and South Poles) and did a great presentation at my local
    BMW dealership with slide show, bikes their gear, etc. An amazing trip, they were very entertaining and fun. They both work in the luxury yacht business all over the world,
    so getting them could be a challenge, but the earlier you start……………here is their website: [url]www.bergaliaboys.com[/url], their video: vimeo.com/55812569, email: [email]bergaliaboys@gmail.com[/email]. I saw them at Max BMW which was one of their sponsors, you may be able to get them through them or one of their other sponsors. Good Luck,
    always wise to plan in advance.

HUTCHINSON KARL
    Participant

Lisa,

I suspect there are many club members who would make fine seminar speakers but are unsure if their area of expertise is something the rally goers want to hear about. Let’s hear from the membership concerning the topics they would like discussed.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.