Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 151 total)
  • Author
    STOKES PETER
    Spectator

I will also be coming out from Cleveland. But my route will take me to Southern Colorado before the rally. Goals are Pikes Peak, 4 Corners, Million Dollar Highway and more.

DOGGETT MARK
    Spectator

The Million Dollar Highway is a must do. Also, Torrey, Utah has Cafe Diablo.
    [url]www.cafediablo.net/[/url]

We were sent here by other bikers. The food is over the top. The view is spectacular. Mark and I really hope to get back there again.

JACOBS KAREN
    Spectator

Did you know that Bill Conger from the BMW Performance Center Training Center will be in the outdoor vending area? They teach off road training. He’ll be bringing some bikes and a display to the Rally. Yes, this Rally is in GS country. It just keeps getting better.

KENT DONALD
    Spectator

I’m tentatively planning to come from Maine, this sounds like a great time. I’m hoping to hook up with
    some other people who are making the trip from my area. Anybody out there that would like to
    ride together from northern New England? Send me a PM. Don

DOGGETT MARK
    Spectator

Save the Date! International rally is June 14-17, 2012 in Copper Mountain, Colorado. This will be a very special 40th Celebration Rally. It will be a very different rally. Bring the family. Copper Mountain is located 12 miles from Breckenridge. Relax and Ride. This will be a vacation to remember.

Can’t wait to share more information.
    Tina and Mark Doggett
    2011 Rally chairs
    2012 Rally chairs
    [[{“fid”:”6589″,”view_mode”:”main_image”,”type”:”media”,”attributes”:{“class”:”media-element file-main-image”}}]]

DOGGETT MARK
    Spectator

Lodging information is on the website now.

Glenfiddich
    Spectator

[QUOTE=beemeup »]I’m tentatively planning to come from Maine, this sounds like a great time. I’m hoping to hook up with
    some other people who are making the trip from my area. Anybody out there that would like to
    ride together from northern New England? Send me a PM. Don[/QUOTE]

Boy, I’m tempted to take Barley in the sidecar rig so we can enjoy the cool nights! (We can handle daytime heat if the night temps are sleeping weather cool.) But with those kinds of distances and my max two week vacation limit at one time it would mean slabbing it at least one way in order to have enough time to explore the area. Probably stay in hotels as well to maximize our daily travel time, and that can get expensive.

Barley is a very mellow dog who’s a lot of fun to travel with, but with pee and play breaks his daily max is about 500 miles

[IMG]http://i444.photobucket.com/albums/qq164/TadcasterDog/Dogs/ed99a2de.jpg[/IMG]

JACOBS KAREN
    Spectator

Tomorrow, June 4th, is the last day to preregister and save $10. Operators are standing by…register online from our homepage.

ANTON LARGIADER
    Spectator

For people who don’t mind getting their GSes banged up a bit, there are plenty of Jeep trails for every skill level. I’ve never been over Mosquito Pass; might have to do that this time.

Or I could cheat and bring the XR400. 🙂

HUD
    Spectator

Great choice for a rally. Does anyone know where the main rally site is located? Also, which lodges do the special rates apply?

JACOBS KAREN
    Spectator

[[{“fid”:”6620″,”view_mode”:”main_image”,”type”:”media”,”attributes”:{“class”:”media-element file-main-image”}}]]
    For Sale at the rally in Copper Mountain:
    2000 F- 650 limited edition.It has been maintained to BMW’s strict service record by Foothills BMW in Denver. It has just over 51000 miles and a clean Colorado title. The bike has factory hard bags, tank bag, Corbin custom seat, aftermarket exhaust, aftermarket windshield and all the original parts. $3500.00. Needs to go to a home that will ride it. Selling because I have a new baby. Going to be a few years. I’ll have it at the rally, to see.

Thanks again,
    TB

Tom Bailey
    Base Operations Manager
    [email]TBailey@Coppercolorado.com[/email]
    970-471-5499

BMWGSRider
    Spectator

Are the wildfires that are in Colorado close to the location of the RA rally?

DOGGETT MARK
    Spectator

The site is breathtaking. Please go to the home page of the forum and click on the “National Rally” link on the left. It will bring up the information. Lodging is listed. We are at Copper Mountain, Colorado. It is a resort village. We will have camping too. Info about that will be in future issues of OTL.

DOGGETT MARK
    Spectator

The wildfires are not at all close to the location.

BUD CESENA
    Spectator

Will there be vendors that will be selling rider to passenger com systems, such as teh Chatterbox? Thought Id wait till I got there and support one of the vendors.

Bud

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 151 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
X
X
X