fbpx

This topic contains 150 replies, has 42 voices, and was last updated by  Deans BMW 7 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 151 total)
  • Author

Sqhunter
    Participant

Will there any vendors selling and mounting tires at the rally?

JACOBS KAREN

We’re still working on it. Check out the Rally Vendor Page to see who’s signed up already.

DOGGETT MARK
    Participant

[QUOTE=Petemiko »][B]IMPORTANT! [/B]Colorado sells 3.2% beer at grocery stores. If you want to buy real beer for you camp or condo gatherings, you must go to a liquor store to get it.[/QUOTE]

Copper Mountain establishments have a great variety of beer for sale at reasonable prices.

Glenfiddich
    Participant

Yes, beer is always a critical factor. :bow Trying the local microbrews is one thing I look forward to on longish trips.

DOGGETT MARK
    Participant

If you’re up for the micros and don’t want to ride, hop the free shuttle and go to Breckenridge to the Breckenridge Brewery. They offer colorado ales and seasonal brews. They have food too.

Gizmo
    Participant

Dang this just gets better & better… now if you roll the calendar by a little faster.

Thickasabrick
    Participant

Does anyone know if RVs will be allowed in any of the parking lots at Copper Mountain? I read on the OTL that an RV park was recommended near Breckenridge. It would be nice to be on site if possible.

DOGGETT MARK
    Participant

At the entrance is parking for your RV if you do not need any hook ups. I couldn’t obtain RV parking with hook ups because it is a resort. Sorry. The neighboring town is Frisco. Maybe they have an RV park.

If you find something closer then Breckenridge, please post here. Would appreciate it.

Thickasabrick
    Participant

Thanks for the reply. We won’t need hookups. Just a place to crash at night.

DOGGETT MARK
    Participant

Great. It’s at the base of the village. Shuttle goes through every 10 minutes from around 6 am to 1:40 the following morning. Registration will be open in a day or so. Please do me a favor and preregister if you know you’re going. It’s going to be important to make sure I have a good head count for the caterers. Thank you all!

Big-O
    Participant

Woooohooo, just registered, I can’t wait. This will be a great ride from NY and I can’t tell you how happy I’ll be to get out of here!

PRETZL ANDREW
    Participant

Registered online, plant a tree for me!

DOGGETT MARK
    Participant

We’ll plant a tree for you Kewlmoose. Thanks. For those that are camping we have 3 designated camping areas. The main one is at the base of the resort. It is a soccer field and totally flat. At the soccer field is also a big parking lot for RV’s or trailers that do not require electric. Bathrooms are located here. Camping will be allowed here Wednesday before the rally. On Thursday, available camping is also available inside the ski resort.

DOGGETT MARK
    Participant

Independence Pass is at 12,095 feet in the central Rocky Mountains – the highest paved pass in Colorado – at the center of one of the most spectacular stretches of road in the state, between US 24 and Aspen, passing clear rivers, beautiful valleys, steep peaks and extensive aspen forests.

East of Aspen, Highway 82 climbs steadily next to the Roaring Fork River towards the Sawatch Range in the middle of the Rocky Mountains, then descends into the even more beautiful valley of Lake Creek, eventually joining US 24 fifteen miles south of Leadville. The scenery at the pass and all along the 44 mile route is some of the most spectacular in all Colorado, and perhaps the finest viewable from a major highway – the road runs right beneath many great mountains including the highest in the state (14,433 foot Mount Elbert), and rises well above the treeline into the stark Alpine tundra zone, while also passing lakes, rivers, steep-sided valleys, thick forests of fir and extensive aspen groves – so in fall, the yellowing leaves make the landscape even more colorful and photogenic. Independence is the highest paved mountain pass in Colorado, though there are several higher unpaved passes (such as Mesquite and Cottonwood), while three paved roads climb further (Pikes Peak Highway, Mount Evans Byway, Trail Ridge Road in Rocky Mountain National Park), but these are not passes. Highway 82 is usually open for only six months of the year, from late May to late October, and the trip between Aspen and US 24 takes at least 90 minutes.

Info from this site.
    [url]http://www.americansouthwest.net/colorado/independence-pass/index.html[/url]

BMWGSRider
    Participant

I came here to read information about the rally… I find that you need to have access to OTL instead! Why is that? Is it a secret to share information on here and just to those who are actual members and having access to OTL to find out actual information? How do you expect to have or get more riders attending if not much information is shared on forums? This is suppose to be The MOA isn’t this way in which you can gain a lot of information off the forums and not having to be directed to BMW ON… Discouraging to see…And this is suppose to be a big 40th celebration!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 151 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.