fbpx

This topic contains 150 replies, has 42 voices, and was last updated by  Deans BMW 7 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 151 total)
  • Author

Lisa_ST
    Participant

Just made my reservations for a room at the rally and I was very UNIMPRESSED. The person I talked to knew about the rally but there aren’t pictures available (that I can tell) for all of the room types. And even though the website says FREE WIFI, it isn’t guaranteed. I’m planning to vend at the rally so I know I’ll need internet in my room. I would like to provide this feedback as I was quite disappointed with the person I talked to on the phone. Needless to say that I tried to do it via the website link provided first but couldn’t see all of the room types available there either.

Hope the rally is better….

DOGGETT MARK
    Participant

I am sorry that your experience was unimpressive. I will be contacting Copper Mountain immediately to address this. I have also found that the website really doesn’t have room photos. If my recollection is correct, I posted links I found on youtube on fbook. I will find those and post them here. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We’re planning a fabulous rally.

Tina Doggett
    2011 Rally Chair
    2012 Rally Chair

DOGGETT MARK
    Participant

Here is my response from Copper Mountain.
    Tina,

Thank you for the feedback, I have forwarded it along to the call center supervisors.

Please note that we do have pictures of the lodging buildings as well as descriptions of their units and amenities on our website. We do not post pictures of individual units on our website, as they are all individually owned and vary in appearance and décor. All gold level lodging does have WiFi as well as a number of additional amenities, most of the silver level have either WiFi or eithernet, generally there is not internet access in bronze level lodging.

If you need any additional information on our lodging options please let me know, I want to work with you to ensure your guests have all the information that they need.

Again, thank you very much for your feedback.

I will post youtube info that will show a typical room.

DOGGETT MARK
    Participant

[url]http://youtu.be/DeAmb7Nq-Es[/url]

Here’s a room at Copper Mountain. Hope you can open this.

Montauk
    Participant

Tina, I am very excited about this rally, to get forthcoming OTL I just sent in my dues to become a member of BMW RA. How can I get one or two past issues that have articles pertaining to this 2012 rally?

Also any extra info that you may have, can you email me that you couldn’t post.
    bmann 100 @ nik ko . ca
    Join all those words up.

DOGGETT MARK
    Participant

Thank you for your enthusiasm. The RA has a great magazine. You’ll really enjoy it. I will have all the info that you need to know in the March issue of OTL. I also will have info here on the forum and on facebook. If you plan on staying in the lodges, please go to the home page, go to “national rally” on the left menu and go to the lodging. Otherwise, we do have camping. Also, any questions, please feel free to email me at [email]tinarashell333@yahoo.com[/email]. Welcome to the RA. Glad to have you.

Tina

DOGGETT MARK
    Participant

Rally Weather: I checked with a local resident regarding the weather at rally time. He said to plan for fall like weather; which can be a bit unpredictable. Temps could be 70’s and even 80. Evenings upper 30’s or low 40’s. Bring your Gerbings for early morning riding and a light jacket for evening. We could have snow in the higher elevations (9,000 feet and up) but our ride coordinator will know how the weather looks in May and plan the rides accordingly.

Outback Ufo
    Participant

[QUOTE=sweetpea »]Rally Weather: I checked with a local resident regarding the weather at rally time. He said to plan for fall like weather; which can be a bit unpredictable. Temps could be 70’s and even 80. Evenings upper 30’s or low 40’s. Bring your Gerbings for early morning riding and a light jacket for evening. We could have snow in the higher elevations [COLOR=”#FF0000″](10,800feet and up[/COLOR]) but our ride coordinator will know how the weather looks in May and plan the rides accordingly.[/QUOTE]

Finally remembered my login….

Bring a good mix of clothing and riding gear… then you will be fine riding in any type of weather or temps… In June by 9 am it starts to get hot in the sun… the summer showers normally start to pick up by early afternoon. Where Copper Mtn Ski Area sits it can be a bit funny with weather at time since the Ten Mile range is just a mile to the east and the continential divide is just up the road on CO 91 at Freemont pass. Normally if it does snow high up above tree line it will be melted off by mid morning if anything gets low down. Dress in layers… easier to strip a layer on or off if needed. Most of the rain storms are hard and fast… they can pass within a few minutes.. my normal summer riding gear has a top rain jacket i can just throw on in a couple minutes over my jacket… DONT FORGET… your sunscreen… you will burn up here a lot quicker then down at lower elevations due to the drier thinner air…. lots more UV

Remember for all flatlanders… you will be staying at 9700ft in elevation… so please take care not to push it too hard and depending on your age and physical “in-shape-ness” There will be a thing i will put together with the rally organizers for when you check in about the signs of Altitude Sickness… it normally is not an issue for most but the first day can wear you out a bit… so you will sleep like a baby 😀 most AS issues are easily fixed with drinking water and just going not as hard as you normally would. Just drink a lot of water and eat regurally or carry small snacks with you when you ride… nice thing to do is pull over for a snack and enjoy the scenery. I am also looking if I have the time with getting some different routes paved and dirt together for people for some different hiking trails for people also.

If you fish there is a lot of great fishing (gold metal waters) everywhere… most are catch/release… you can get your fishing liscense at most tackle shops… There will be more when you get there… I am currently looking are suggestive routes on dirt roads.

DOGGETT MARK
    Participant

Glad you remembered your login!!! You’ve brought up some great points. We’ll make sure they’re also in OTL.

DOGGETT MARK
    Participant

Make no mistake, the 2012 RA Rally will be a riders’ event. The site and surroundings will present a plethora of roads and scenery for every rider, street and dirt. This will be unlike any previous RA rally and luckily it coincides with BMW’s focus on the off roading aspects of their GS line of motorcycles. There will be rides laid out for everybody’s delight, whether you’re two-up on your K1600GT or on your knobbied and armored GS. Difficult and easy treks will be highlighted, so there’ll be something for everybody, from mildly daunting ascents on graded dirt trails or canyon carving with your audio system turned up! All motorcycle makes and riders are welcome. Expand your horizons and plan on being there!

Copper Mountain is a visual delight and is unique in lots of ways. Prepare to be comfortably ensconced within a luxury resort if you wish, with shopping and culinary delights available all day long and into the well-lit night. Long time serious GS adventurer, pro photographer and CO native Mike Rand knows the territory by memory, has ridden in places seldom seen, and has designed our routes for us all, from K1600GT to G650GS.
    Make sure you have the proper tires if you intend to enjoy the more difficult paths. And bring your camera! This is going to be a great time for all.

NYKTAS GEORGE
    Keymaster

Tina,

Thanks for all the good information. This is going to be a great rally.

flat_twin
    Participant

Tina, I heard a rumor there would be no beer garden. Will there be an alternate social gathering place indoors or otherwise? Also, any word on above ground fires in the camping area? Thanks!

DOGGETT MARK
    Participant

The rumor is correct. We don’t have a beer garden this year. Our gathering place is going to be at the Burning Stones Plaza. It’s a beautiful outdoor area. Friday night and Saturday night we have bands playing outdoor there. Tables and chairs are all around. Restaurants and bars also are right there. All of this is in the same area as the vendors.

Fires-as is the rule with most of the national rallies, no fires in the camping areas. Too many people. Hope to see you there! Did you read the all the info in your latest OTL? We gave a lot of different ideas “out and about” and a great article was written by Mike Rand about Colorado.

Outback Ufo
    Participant

Dont forget Glenwood Springs is a bout 1.5 hr drive where there is the Fairy Caves and Glenwood Adventure Park…. the world’s largest outdoor hotsprings pool… Yampha Vapor Caves… Glenwood Brew pub… though there is the Dillon Dam Brewery and the Breck brewery in Breckenridge closer for gourmet brews… plus the Minturn pub and grill for a real locals experience…there is also a great place to graba cold drink and some grub up at State Bridge on CO 131 north of Walcott on the way to Steamboat Springs..

Petemiko
    Participant

[QUOTE=flat_twin »]Tina, I heard a rumor there would be no beer garden. Will there be an alternate social gathering place indoors or otherwise? Also, any word on above ground fires in the camping area? Thanks![/QUOTE]

[B]IMPORTANT! [/B]Colorado sells 3.2% beer at grocery stores. If you want to buy real beer for you camp or condo gatherings, you must go to a liquor store to get it.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 151 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.