fbpx

This topic contains 150 replies, has 42 voices, and was last updated by  Deans BMW 7 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 151 total)
  • Author

JACOBS KAREN

Yes, there will. One for sure is Dive N Ride, selling Autocom. Not sure what other vendors will be selling a system. And thanks for considering supporting our vendors. They do alot to support our rallies.

John Lang
    Participant

This Rally site will be fantastic, great work Tina! And the riding into, around, and from the RA cant be beat. Especially AFTER the Rally; we are cautioned this is near “shoulder season” of summer weather in the mountians. I’ve noticed some comments mention routes to the event that are high elevation, and MAY NOT be passable yet. LoLo Pass, Glacier NP, Independance Pass early 1st week June??? Bring all the warm “gear” you got!
    Sleeping cool, you bet! Those 1st two weeks of June you may get anything; its like APRIL east of the Mississippi River, and I’m not talking about down south! But I still want to be there! :yesnod

JACOBS KAREN

Here’s another view of the bike for sale at Copper next week
    [[{“fid”:”6619″,”view_mode”:”main_image”,”type”:”media”,”attributes”:{“class”:”media-element file-main-image”}}]]For Sale at the rally in Copper Mountain:
    2000 F- 650 limited edition.It has been maintained to BMW’s strict service record by Foothills BMW in Denver. It has just over 51000 miles and a clean Colorado title. The bike has factory hard bags, tank bag, Corbin custom seat, aftermarket exhaust, aftermarket windshield and all the original parts. $3500.00. Needs to go to a home that will ride it. Selling because I have a new baby. Going to be a few years.

Tom Bailey
    Base Operations Manager
    [email]TBailey@Coppercolorado.com[/email]
    970-471-5499

DOGGETT MARK
    Participant

We are really fortunate to have Mike Rand setting up the GS and touring rides. He lives in CO, knows the roads well and will monitor where we will be able to ride. The temps for the middle of June are low 70’s during the day and upper 30’s at night. Wow – just a little over 6 months away.

DOGGETT MARK
    Participant

Here’s the weather for next week. Not too bad.

Weather Forecast – FRISCO, CO

TUES 6/12 partly cloudy 67/34
    WED 6/13 mostly sunny 70/38
    THUR 6/14 partly cloudy 71/40
    FRI 6/15 partly cloudy 73/40
    SAT 6/16 Sunny 73/39

Merlin III
    Participant

[QUOTE=beemeup »]I’m tentatively planning to come from Maine, this sounds like a great time. I’m hoping to hook up with
    some other people who are making the trip from my area. Anybody out there that would like to
    ride together from northern New England? Send me a PM. Don[/QUOTE]

As of now, I am definitely going subject to unforeseen circumstances. Maybe it is a pipe dream, but once I get out there, I may want to keep going and tour some other western States. Maybe we should talk a little further down the road.

Lisa_ST
    Participant

I’ll be there!!! If you want to talk before next week, email me at [email]lisa@divenrideadventures.com[/email]. I sell and install Autocom and other stuff. You can see what I sell on my website.

KENT DONALD
    Participant

Currently I’ve got one other member from the BMWRSM riding with me and we are planning a 2 week trip that would include Mt.Rushmore, Devil’s Tower, Yellowstone and Grand Teton as part of our loop in addition to the rally. Pretty ambitious with some hard riding for sure. We would welcome additional riders. We would likely be doing a combination of camping/hotels and would have a GS 911 on board in case of problems. Let me know and we’ll all plan it out a bit more as we get closer. Don

Lisa_ST
    Participant

Autocom and I will be putting in a door prize that’s a new Super Pro Automatic system. A great incentive for one lucky winner!!!!

JACOBS KAREN

[QUOTE=Lisa_ST »]Autocom and I will be putting in a door prize that’s a new Super Pro Automatic system. A great incentive for one lucky winner!!!![/QUOTE]

Thank you Lisa! What a great offer. See you in a few days.
    Karen

DOGGETT MARK
    Participant

6 months from now we will be enjoying the splendor of Copper Mountain, Colorado. Yippee.

bmwkaren
    Participant

I like those highs, not quite sure about those temps in the 30’s!

John Lang
    Participant

Trouble is, the “highs” last only one maybe two hours. Hope for sunshine to heat the clothing! Gonna be cool,chilly,cold… hope to not add
    damp/wet to the affairs at that elevation.

Outback Ufo
    Participant

IT has been the warmest spring on record here. It will be in the 30s at night… at Copper Mtn Resort probally in the high thirties. It has been hot during the days right now. I am at 6500 ft and it is hitting 80-90s during the peak around 2-3pm. The temps with a sunny day will start to climb fast around 9-10pm depending on where you are and how narrow of a valley you are in. The winds have some days picked up by mid-to late after afternoons… and other days it has been calm… The evenings will start to cool off for the night around 1-2 hrs after sunset (more or true twighlight)… at Copper it will cool a bit faster durning even since it sits at 9000ft but you can feel the thermals on the road as you ride back if you are riding in at dusk.

The highs will last from 10-11am to 4 pm depending on elevations. and think it is a nice dry heat and cool… very little humidity right now.

DOGGETT MARK
    Participant

When I was there 2 weeks ago it was beautiful during the day. Gerbings jacket – check, silver eagle cooling vest-check, BMW summer riding pants-check, cool weather pants-check. We’re out of here! See you all in a few days. Come on out with your happy faces.
    Tina

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 151 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.