fbpx

This topic contains 150 replies, has 42 voices, and was last updated by  Deans BMW 7 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 151 total)
  • Author

BMWGSRider
    Participant

How much is registration? I was not able to per-register. Thanks.

BMWGSRider
    Participant

How is AT&T cell service there?

Outback Ufo
    Participant

It is okay… It is either ATT or Verizon up here. Depends on who has what tower and where. There is a lot of pockets as you ride in and out of the tight valleys that dont get the best service. At Copper you should be fine since the I70 corridoor is very well lit up with cell towers.

DOGGETT MARK
    Participant

If you haven’t registered here’s pricing at the rally.
    RA member – $65
    Non-Member – $75
    But we have a great deal for you. Save $20. Become an RA member and get a great magazine. You’ll get in the rally at the member prereg price.

DOGGETT MARK
    Participant

Forgot to share. If you have been told you have to pay for showers, this is incorrect. We have 10 private rooms for showering. You will be given a towel. Each room will be monitored for cleanliness.

Bkrnrd
    Participant

Any list of seminars yet?

WILL GUYAN
    Participant

[QUOTE=AntonLargiader »]For people who don’t mind getting their GSes banged up a bit, there are plenty of Jeep trails for every skill level. I’ve never been over Mosquito Pass; might have to do that this time.

Or I could cheat and bring the XR400. :)[/QUOTE]

Yes, sling that Honda on davits on the stern of your Bagger. I don’t recommend Mosquito Pass; you will drop your bike. Everybody does. Don’t ride solo. See the photos in OTL recently showing Mosquito Pass during the RawHyde Continental Divide Ride? Buy MedJetAssist! But, I’d gladly ride YOUR GS over Mosquito Pass…

The CO rally will have many GS routes designed according to your skill level and how much you want to be challenged. Even the “easy” routes will be 100% action-packed and photo ops will unfold constantly! OTL has a GS expert guy in CO who’s mapping all these world class rides. This could very well be the best RA rally ever experienced. This is going to be a real world adventure-riding BMW rally, to be sure.

DOGGETT MARK
    Participant

I just found out some more exciting news. When you arrive Thursday and want to kick back and relax, hop the FREE Summit Bus to Frisco (6 miles away). They are having the 19th Barbeque Cook Off. Music all weekend. The is the biggest barbeque event in Colorado. How cool is that? Take advantage of this Thursday night so we can all hang out at Copper Friday night and see the vendors.

Get your fill of barbeque before you get up and do the twisties on Friday.

Deans BMW
    Participant

Will Guyan (OTL Editor) and I just returned from the rally. My first RA Rally. The meal served Sat evening was outstanding, many times better than any rally meal that I have ever had, I could not belive it. met a lot of friends that I have known since the early days of San Jose BMW. I have been going to rallys since attending the first MOA rally some 40 years ago. This was impressive big time, seemed like about 1,000 people showed up.

Tina, you were amazing.

Thanks and job well done.

Gizmo
    Participant

This just keeps getting better & better.

DOGGETT MARK
    Participant

Enjoy cool nights of camping and wake each morning to the site of breathtaking mountains. If you’d like more amenities, Copper Mountain is offering special rates just for our group in the lodges. Maybe you’d like to room with a few friends.
    In order to take advantage of group rates or find out more information please call Copper Mountain’s toll-free conference/groups reservation line at (866) 837-2996. Reference Group Code “349” and or group name “BMW RA Rally”. For more information, go to bmwra.org and look under “National Rally” for room rates.

This will not be your traditional rally. We will not have any seminars this year. We’ve changed the vendor hours so that some evening hours are available. Vendor hours are tentatively Thursday 10-5, Friday 4-9 and Saturday 9-1.

Gizmo
    Participant

I was looking forward to some seminars, oh well can’t everything… still looking forward to it.

brprider679
    Participant

Will there be electricity available for tent campers?

DOGGETT MARK
    Participant

We will have electricity for tent campers with special needs. Look for preregistration to open mid-Feb. Here’s the logo[[{“fid”:”6608″,”view_mode”:”main_image”,”type”:”media”,”attributes”:{“class”:”media-element file-main-image”}}]]

HUD
    Participant

Just made my lodging reservation for the rally. I couldn’t find a link on the RA website to prepay for the rally. I assume there is a charge. Looking forward to a great time!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 151 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.