fbpx

2011 Rally Location & Date- Not Yet- Be Patient

Home Forums BMWRA International Rally Info Previous years… 2011 Rally – Chippewa Falls, WI 2011 Rally Location & Date- Not Yet- Be Patient

This topic contains 19 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  nplenzick 9 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author

nplenzick
    Participant

Tough weekend for vendors to attend as that’s the same weekend for GWRRA’s Wing Ding in Knoxville.
    I’ll have to think long and hard as to which one I’ll go for.

Hotspice
    Participant

[QUOTE=sweetpea »]:hurrayA message was going to be posted this evening. Yes,:cheers the rally is in Chippewa Falls, WI in 2011. As your rally chair, we’re really excited that the RA has the word out nice and early this year. So mark your calendars. We will keep you updated regularly with our rally progress.[/QUOTE]

Sorry Tina.. I was so excited to see it was in our back yard and that you and Mark are the chair’s that I wanted to spread the word.

It’s already on our calendars :hurray

ALEXANDER ROBERT
    Participant

Hi Nick- I looked early on for conflicts and the website for the “Wing Ding” and it was the following weekend. DATE July 6 – July 9, 2011
    CITY / STATE Knoxville, Tennessee (TN). So I’m hoping you can do both and join us again. I hoped I didn’t get wrong info. I know you’ve been a good supporter of the RA Rally and we worked our butts off to get the announced early- Thanks Bob

nplenzick
    Participant

[QUOTE=rockers »]Hi Nick- I looked early on for conflicts and the website for the “Wing Ding” and it was the following weekend. DATE July 6 – July 9, 2011
    CITY / STATE Knoxville, Tennessee (TN). So I’m hoping you can do both and join us again. I hoped I didn’t get wrong info. I know you’ve been a good supporter of the RA Rally and we worked our butts off to get the announced early- Thanks Bob[/QUOTE]

Your correct Bob! I’m not sure where I got my dates from! I least now I can give it some serious thought although it still doesn’t look feasible looking at the miles I would have to travel to do both. But one never knows what the future will bring. I am pleased that you guys have announced early and this should really help with the attendance next year. Nice location too!

ALEXANDER ROBERT
    Participant

All – The RA had hoped to announce the 2011 Rally date/location in Vermont. As early as March this year we were 90% sure of a location in Texas. In April the site was sold, and we were informed that they no longer wanted a Motorcycle Rally..why?..we don’t know. So it is back to square one and now I’m trying coordinate my first rally with the board. We are meeting with officials at a new location in mid-Sept to review the site, available dates, and costs. If all goes well, we hope to be able to let everyone know by Thanksgiving. Be patient till then and enjoy the rest of our riding season..lotsa good rallies still left! The RA’s volunteer rally support gang has always tried to aanounce the rally ASAP, but we will continue the practice of not announcing a location/date till a contract is signed.

The contract has been signed by both the RA and the NWSF so start planning! Our 2011 Rally will be held in Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin on June 30 – July 3 home of the Leinenkugal Brewery. The rally will be held at the Northern Wisconsin State Fairgrounds. The fairground is a well established site of over 50 acres with lots of grass and shade for camping. Stay tuned to the RA website and the OTL for further details. So this rally will be slightly west of our Chicago to New Orleans imaginary line and well north of the San Fransico to “DC” one…so technically it’s in our NW sector.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.