fbpx

This topic contains 186 replies, has 47 voices, and was last updated by  PaulBach 10 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 187 total)
  • Author

Stagehand
    Participant

That will improve its countenance by far, I agree.

Man a whole lot of off road departs from just that location :drool

MARK FLANAGAN
    Participant

[QUOTE=GS George »]rumor has it the 2010 rally will be in the Catskill region of New York State
    [/QUOTE]

Fall? Fall? Fall?

PaulBach
    Participant

[QUOTE=Stagehand »]That will improve its countenance by far, I agree.

Man a whole lot of off road departs from just that location :drool[/QUOTE]

The departure point is truly unique. Four mountain venues are within easy striking distance:
    [LIST]
    [*]Green
    [*]Berkshires
    [*]Adirondack
    [*]Catskills
    [/LIST]

And within a 15 minute walk are a (an)
    [LIST]
    [*]BIG Package store with an outstanding selection of spirits
    [*]Gasoline station with sandwiches, beer, ice, groceries
    [*]Hardware store that has every manner of nut, bolt and screw.
    [/LIST]

A building that has three football fields stacked on top of one another and beautiful covered grandstand seating.

And, MAX BMW will be on site for sales and service.

Have never been to many national rallies, but have not been anywhere with more potential than this site. This site could be used every year and people would never tire of it.

PaulBach
    Participant

[IMG]http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g264/PaulBach/RA%20Shots/3d558147.jpg[/IMG]
    Just after you turn off [B]Route 7[/B] this is what you will first see.

[IMG]http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g264/PaulBach/RA%20Shots/27d36b14.jpg[/IMG]
    First site of the racetrack building as you enter the RA rally site.

[IMG]http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g264/PaulBach/RA%20Shots/646c9eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Site for outdoor vendors. It is vast.

[IMG]http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g264/PaulBach/RA%20Shots/d2f60bd1.jpg[/IMG]
    The camp grounds could hold thousands of tents.

Kenny Gadley
    Participant

Fall would be great!!!

Stagehand
    Participant

Hey Paul-

Any idea if the Performance Center in Spartanburgh will be in appearance?

Also- the area just between the grandstand and the lake is slated to be the GS trials course. 😀

Jason

PS Your pictures in the green of spring look much better than the grey post-winter of mine :lol

lineman29
    Participant

Well if its in the Fall it definetly won’t conflict with the AMA vintage days. The Catskills are really nice anytime of year I think.

PaulBach
    Participant

[QUOTE=Stagehand »]Hey Paul-

Any idea if the Performance Center in Spartanburgh will be in appearance?

Also- the area just between the grandstand and the lake is slated to be the GS trials course. 😀

Jason

PS Your pictures in the green of spring look much better than the grey post-winter of mine :lol[/QUOTE]

Have never been to Spartanburgh – but if BMW is running it, then the site must be first class.

robnye
    Participant

It is very difficult to make any kind of deal with a resort in the Northeast during the Fall, especially foliage season.

When a resort will be at 90% occupancy regardless it’s tough to get them excited about hosting a rally.

MARK FLANAGAN
    Participant

[QUOTE=robnye »]It is very difficult to make any kind of deal with a resort in the Northeast during the Fall, especially foliage season.

When a resort will be at 90% occupancy regardless it’s tough to get them excited about hosting a rally.[/QUOTE]

Thats why u do it in Sept, after the summer but before the foliage.

ackgs
    Participant

[QUOTE=MarkF »]Thats why u do it in Sept, after the summer but before the foliage.[/QUOTE]

There you go making sense again. Never get far with that attitude. 😉

GS George
    Participant

my source confirmed yesterday it will be in July and in the Catskill region of NYS

MARK FLANAGAN
    Participant

[QUOTE=GS George »]my source confirmed yesterday it will be in July and in the Catskill region of NYS[/QUOTE]

well that’s just too close to miss.

nplenzick
    Participant

[QUOTE=GS George »]my source confirmed yesterday it will be in July and in the Catskill region of NYS[/QUOTE]
    I would hope that’s not the case. That area is very busy that time of the year with vacationers. It would be tough for people to find and expensive for lodging. Lot’s of poky drivers too that time of the year. Depending on when in July could be a problem as if it’s the week before, during, or after the MOA national will substantially effect attendance, and the amount of vendors who could attend. That would leave July 4 weekend………I don’t think that would work either. I’m also not sure why the Catskill region keeps coming up as this area is covered pretty well by the “MOA Colors” weekend at Hunter. Lot’s of neat area’s in the Northeast, I was hoping for New Hampshire or Maine. I also thought that the time frame in late June ( such as the U.P. Rally in 08) was perfect. Great time of year, before the MOA and most family vacations. The RA really needs to announce this as people are planning and setting their vacation now for next year. The most successful rallies set their dates a year ahead of time and most keep the same time frame every year. I know first hand how much effort goes into these things and I’m always surprised of how much money it costs. There’s no reason why we can’t have two very successful BMW national rallies in the country.

Dutch
    Participant

July in the north-east? Oh joy,oh glee… Tourist up the back side, high temps, iffy weather and pricey rooms. Who could ask for anything more!! Oh well, it could be worse. At least it isn’t in the deep south in July. At least we know sorta’ where, and sorta’ when. How ’bout some details? Vaya con Dios, Dutch

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 187 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.