fbpx

This topic contains 186 replies, has 47 voices, and was last updated by  PaulBach 10 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 187 total)
  • Author

KENNITH OSBORNE
    Participant

[QUOTE=Dutch »]Hey all; How ’bout Barber Motorsport park to coincide with the vintage days? THAT would be both way cool, and (temperature wise) a bit cooler then in July or so. I am all for a fall rally south of the Mason-Dixon. Someplace in the mountains would be nice as well. Just my 2 cents worth. Vaya con Dios, Dutch[/QUOTE]

I second that choice. The last rally we had there was one of the best I have attended. I camped on the “hill” overlooking the track and had a great time. The riding is not challenging but the catfish restaurants are great out in the country. The gentle roads would be a nice change from the crooked mountain roads I have to ride everyday.

Dutch
    Participant

Hey all: I for one, see very little, as someone put it, P&m in this blog site. Instead we have a fair number of folks concerned with their ability to attend a rally that they very much want to go to. This speaks highly of the RA rallies in general. I, for one, have one day left to make my vacation reservations at work, and unless something happens RIGHT NOW they won’t include the RA rally.This WILL result in some grumbling and whineing!!! (Note; G&Wing is not nearly as bad as P&Ming is). I realize that everyone on the rally commitee is a volenteer, and God bless them for it. I believe the major problem isn’t the lack of a site, but the lack of communications. Vaya con Dios, Dutch

rickg
    Participant

I like the idea of including the Barber for the National Rally. I first visited after the RA at the Biltmore. Only one word can describe that place….
    Fan****ingtastic!!!!!!

Rick G

JACOBS KAREN

Communication, that’s all I was hoping for.
    It might be a great idea to have an “open discussion” or “seminar” at the Rally, about the rally sight selection committee. Or is that inviting anarchy……
    I think this thread is evidence that people do care and are willing to help resolve the problem, if not for this year, then in the future.

DOGGETT MARK
    Participant

I think a rally site selection committee is a great idea (if one doesn’t exist). I also agree sites should be locked down a year in advance and announced at the closing ceremony. Hope the RA works out for you this year Dutch.

vetbmwrider
    Participant

[QUOTE=womanridge »]Communication, that’s all I was hoping for.
    It might be a great idea to have an “open discussion” or “seminar” at the Rally, about the rally sight selection committee. Or is that inviting anarchy……
    I think this thread is evidence that people do care and are willing to help resolve the problem, if not for this year, then in the future.[/QUOTE]

Myself and Debbi H. did have an open discussion during my seminar, but the main focus was on the new requirement that BMW is placing on chartered Clubs. Everyone was invited to this seminar it was just not for Chartered Clubs.

REITBERGER ROBERT
    Participant

I think I will agree with the last couple of posts. What is needed is more input from the[B][I] members [/I][/B]as to Rally locations. If you live near a good site go check it out as to Hotels, Motels, camping, how much tenting area and of course good roads. Then contact the RA with your suggestion. I am sure there is info on the site as to all the details that are needed for a rally site.

PaulBach
    Participant

[IMG]http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g264/PaulBach/RA%20Shots/6bc42b6d.gif[/IMG]

Ted is coming early to Pownal – maybe as early as Sunday! Now you can have a whole week to tour:
    [LIST]
    [*]Vermont’s Green Mountains and fabulous Route 100
    [*]Massachusetts scenic Berkshire Mountains
    [*]New York’s Adirondacks and Olympic Training Center
    [/LIST]

If you have never camped with Ted before you are in for a treat!
    [LIST]
    [*]Fresh Coffee in the morning
    [*]Big Air-mattresses
    [*]Sleeping Bags
    [*]Camp Chair
    [*]A Pillow
    [*]Clean Towel Every Morning
    [*]A Big Shaded Area
    [*]Charging Stations For[B] All[/B] Your Electronics
    [*]The Company Of BMW’s Most Discerning Campers
    [/LIST]

If this sounds too good to be true or you just want more information, [URL=”http://www.sherpamayberry.com/”][B][U][COLOR=”Blue”]click here[/COLOR][/U][/B][/URL]!

I have used Ted’s services before and enjoyed every minute. And, the man makes a great cup of coffee.

CTYankee
    Participant

[QUOTE=osbornk »]Wouldn’t late September or October in VT or NH be awfully cold for us normal people? I remember it being cold in Shelbyville, TN a few years ago.[/QUOTE]

Sissy… 🙂

Kidding aside, Sept/Oct in New England is beautiful. MT Washington , and riding the kanc in foliage is an opportunity worth requiring some heavier gear. Would be a nice change of pace from the humid conditions rally goers have faced in the south in July. Just my .02

vetbmwrider
    Participant

[QUOTE=Bob »]I think I will agree with the last couple of posts. What is needed is more input from the[B][I] members [/I][/B]as to Rally locations. If you live near a good site go check it out as to Hotels, Motels, camping, how much tenting area and of course good roads. Then contact the RA with your suggestion. I am sure there is info on the site as to all the details that are needed for a rally site.[/QUOTE]

I have to agree that the RA needs more information from its members on trying to find good rally sites. The RA does have a packet that can be emailed to you about the requirements that is looked at when selecting rally sites. I will be happy to email anyone this packet that is used to determine a rally site.

Chartered Clubs Coordinator
    Michael Johnston

MARK FLANAGAN
    Participant

[QUOTE=CTYankee »]Sissy… 🙂

Kidding aside, Sept/Oct in New England is beautiful. MT Washington , and riding the kanc in foliage is an opportunity worth requiring some heavier gear. Would be a nice change of pace from the humid conditions rally goers have faced in the south in July. Just my .02[/QUOTE]

I have camping in mid Sept in VT almost every year. I never was frozen! That was Canaan Valley in Oct.

Dutch
    Participant

Hey all: I don’t recall ANYONE requesting member input!! The rally was supposed to be anounced way back in October, when it wasn’t, THAT was the time for the planners to ask for help from the members. If someone had let us know that the site they were looking at had fallen through, back in November, I’ll wager someone would have had a idea where they could hold the rally. It is now too late for a bunch of us who would have liked to attend this rally to make our plans, now is NOT the time to be asking for member input!!! Good luck everyone. (All right, I am now into my P&Ming stage!!) Dutch

DON WILLIAMS
    Participant

I agree with Dutch’s last post. Now IS the time to be asking about 2011 locations or we could see a repeat of the 2010 problem.

vetbmwrider
    Participant

All I can say is that everyone will know the location in a few days. Yes some people did know of the site back in late November. Now Dutch let me ask you a question if the RA anounced this rally location and everyone made plans to attend this rally. Ok now this rally site had also fallen through, because of dates issues or even contracts problems after thre RA anounced it. Now you already had made plans to attend this rally and RA had to change date or even location. I think you would be mad as H— at the RA for changing the dates or even the location. Maybe the RA is protecting itself and their members by not announcing the location and dates until everthing is signed.

Michael Johnston
    Chartered Clubs Coordinator

AZgman
    Participant

Michael I understand your point, however, a simple Email post here stating what was going on, rather than silence, would have been an improvement.

For 2011 and beyond, how about a permanent link on the home page so people could see the rally site requirements and easily make rally location suggestions?

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 187 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.