fbpx

This topic contains 76 replies, has 29 voices, and was last updated by  KENNITH OSBORNE 12 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 77 total)
  • Author

MARK FLANAGAN
    Participant

[QUOTE=BeemerArp »]here is a link to the rally. It’s in the middle of May … [B]you could go to both.[/B] [/QUOTE]

Not with my schedule. More like neither. That’s why I prefer Sept/Oct.

OU812
    Participant

Newbie here. Got this club site from another member on a different board, and I would like to attend this one. The UP is beautiful and the roads are great. I have only done the roads with a pickup and snowmobile. This would be a great place to put some killer miles on the bike. Hope to meet you all there!
    Steve

Jeff Popa
    Participant

Hey,

Well, I have been to a couple of the MOA rally’s and they are quite fun. Never been to an RA, but from what I hear, everyone has a good time. Planning on making the UP this year. Gonna be camping with the ‘GS…

Take care and will surely see ya there…..

Jeff

CTYankee
    Participant

Dunno… I am still thinking this one through. Not sure I am going to make it to the U.P.

Still noodling this one though – but that is going to a take a chunk of time out of my vacation schedule. Gotta think about the kids and wife, at least once in a while! 😉

The Euro rally in KY sounds interesting though. Shorter ride for me from CT…

KENNITH OSBORNE
    Participant

Jeff,

I’ve been to both several times and I enjoy the RA Rallies more. There are far fewer vendors but the locations are better and the lines are much shorter. I usually limit my Rallies to about 500 miles one way but this one may be an exception at a little over 1,000. I would love to go to the UP and enjoy the area.

The MOA Rallies I attended in Lima, OH and Charleston, WV do not compare with the RA Rallies at Barber’s race track in Birmingham,AL, Shelbyville, TN and the Rally at the Biltmore in Asheville, NC.

Jeff Popa
    Participant

Yeah, I went to the Charleston Rally and while I had a nice time, it was kind of a pain to drive across town each morning to attend the rally… of course, the weather kept it interesting. Decided, at the last minute, to stay in a dorm room instead of the tent….. awfully glad I did… quite a sight seeing all those tents flying through the air during the storm….. Jeff

indycubes
    Participant

The Biltmore was tremedous! I was considering riding to the Torrey, UT Rally but the UP may just be the answer…if….I can find a way of including the family. Does anyone have information about renting a cabin or summer place near by where the familia can gather? I am looking leads on a reasonably priced 2 to 3 bedroom with sofa. Any leads would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

ALEXANDER ROBERT
    Participant

Jose

I did send a reply to your request. For anyone else use this link below…

[url]http://keweenaw.org/index.php?page=cabins_cottages_vacation_rentals[/url]

Look for places in Houghton, Hancock, Chassell, South Range which will all be within about 7 miles of the Rally Site. The Chassell area has lots of options with most on the lakeshore.

Bob Alexander

FREDERICK CURTIS
    Participant

I emailed the director of Housing at MTU about housing and dorm rentals.
    Here is the correspondence I received.

Director of Campus Housing.
    The BMW (motorcycle) Rider’s Association is using the MTU campus for their annual rally on June, 21 through June 22 of 2008. Their will be a lot of tent camping but there have been queries about other places to stay. There are quite a few families that attend these rallies and there have been some have inquired about staying for a week or more to see the sights.
    I was wondering if any housing, dorms or married housing units, would be available for renting on a short term basis. Some University Campuses do allow that so not an unusual request.
    I’m asking not for myself but for others that have inquired. Perhaps it is covered on our web site. Attendees would number 2,000 to probably as many as 4,000.
    Thanks for any information you can give me.
    Fritz in Owosso, Michigan

Hello Fritz,

Thank you for your email inquiring about summer housing options at
    Michigan Technological University. We do have apartments and regular
    residence hall rooms available for rent during this time. The cost
    associated is as follows:

RESIDENCE HALL ROOM
    Internet access is available to guests with a valid drivers license or
    passport at the time of check-in. Michigan Tech residence halls are
    smoke-free facilities.

Regular Room
    single room – rate per night : $28.00
    double room – rate per person per night : $18.50

Room w/ Private Bath
    single room – rate per night : $36.00
    double room – rate per person per night : $23.00

Meals are also available in the residence halls.
    $5.95 breakfast
    $6.95 lunch
    $7.95 dinner

MICHIGAN TECH APARTMENTS
    Availability and accommodations vary, please contact my staff at
    906-487-2727.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Sincerely,

Travis

Travis L. Pierce, MPA
    Director, Residential Life
    Michigan Technological University
    906-487-2687

“It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most
    intelligent. It is the one most adaptable to change.”
    -Charles Darwin (1809 – 1882)

flat_twin
    Participant

Hi everyone!!,
    I just called Travis at Michigan Tech about the dorm rooms there on campus.
    Travis said he can’t take reservations for the rally until late May. He also said there would not be a problem getting a room as there are over 2200 available! Once his summer staff is in place, he’ll be able to take reservations.

Mark

OU812
    Participant

Can’t beat those rates!:D

dancogan
    Participant

[QUOTE=Fritzc »]I emailed the director of Housing at MTU about housing and dorm rentals.
    Here is the correspondence I received.

…[/QUOTE]

Fritz, didn’t you ask about places that accept pets???:p

FREDERICK CURTIS
    Participant

[QUOTE=dancogan »]Fritz, didn’t you ask about places that accept pets???:p[/QUOTE]

My cousin lives in Houghton. He will board your puppies for you for a nominal fee!:D 😀

KENNITH OSBORNE
    Participant

[QUOTE=dancogan »]Fritz, didn’t you ask about places that accept pets???:p[/QUOTE]

Isn’t that what pup tents are for?

Roy Jackson
    Participant

[QUOTE=flat_twin »]Hi everyone!!,
    I just called Travis at Michigan Tech about the dorm rooms there on campus.
    Travis said he can’t take reservations for the rally until late May. He also said there would not be a problem getting a room as there are over 2200 available! Once his summer staff is in place, he’ll be able to take reservations.

Mark[/QUOTE]

This is good to know thanks for the tip

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 77 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.