fbpx

This topic contains 76 replies, has 29 voices, and was last updated by  KENNITH OSBORNE 12 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 77 total)
  • Author

TIMOTHY BARD
    Participant

[QUOTE=AntonLargiader »]…the 2008 rally will be announced Real Soon Now, as in maybe today.[/QUOTE]

I am surprised that it hasn’t been officially announced yet. I just logged on to get the official dates and location. I heard a rumor two months ago that we were nearing signing on the dotted line and that the location was somewhere in the upper penisula of Michigan. I guess that rumor may have been false or else negotiations may have fallen apart. 🙂

RUSSELL SHAG
    Participant

[QUOTE=AntonLargiader »]

And the 2008 rally will be announced Real Soon Now, as in maybe today.[/QUOTE]

Where is the announcement?:confused:

jeremell
    Participant

The anticipation is killing me! Or maybe its the excitement of planning a motorcycle trip while I’m stuck inside for the winter.

Beemerguy
    Participant

Tell me about it! I have to do my annual leave request for work. If I don’t get it in soon, I might not get to go!!! I really don’t care where at this point, but the when is critical.:confused:

ANTON LARGIADER
    Participant

Houghton, MI
    June 19-22, 2008

The 2008 BMW RA International Rally will be held on the Michigan Technical University campus.

Here’s a campus map:
    [url]http://admissions.mtu.edu/visiting_campus/campus_map/CampusMap_2007.pdf[/url]

We’ll be in the lower part, using buildings 24 and 50 as well as the surrounding fields.

Now I have a lot of web page updates to make!!

ALEXANDER ROBERT
    Participant

RA Website has been updated. June 19-22; Houghton, Michigan; Copper Country; da U.P. – Your Rally Chair

John Brase
    Participant

Houghton, Michigan – yep, that’s north of the Mason-Dixon line, way north. This is going to be cool. That far north and over the Summer Solstice, it might stay light all night long. And everybody east of about Chicago will get to ride over the big steel grated Mackinac Bridge on their way to Houghton – or back.

It is pronounced Ho-tun, though Dave Hough might take some issue with that version.

See you there,
    John

BeemerArp
    Participant

Yep … just a little north … bet it will be a bit cooler than the Biltmore 🙂 . I’ve toured the U.P. on bike and snowmobile and am very much looking forward to getting back up there. In fact, I have all ready decieded on my Rally route. Coming out of Cleveland I’ll go to Detroit and cross over into Canada then head up the east side of Lake Huron to Sault Sainte Marie. From there I’ll do a counterclockwise Lake Superior Circle Tour to the Rally. That will bump the direct route of 723 miles to around 1600 miles 🙂

KENNITH OSBORNE
    Participant

After checking out the location of the “other” Rally, I was really glad to see the location of this Rally. It is the exact opposite of Gillette and that is a really good thing. The temperature should be great. Or course the weather at the Biltmore should have been perfect but unseasonable heat and the drought made it less than perfect. It was still far superior to what normal weather will be at the “other” Rally.

ALEXANDER ROBERT
    Participant

Da Creation of Da Upper Peninsula

In the beginning dere was nuttin’.
    Den…

On da FIRST day, God created da UP.
    On da SECOND day, He created da partridge, da deer, da bear, da fish, and da ducks.

On da THIRD day, He said “Let dere be Yoopers to roam da Upper Peninsula.”

On da FOURTH day, God created da udder world down below.

On da FIFTH day, He said “Let dere be trolls to live in da udder world down below.”

On da SIXTH day, He created da bridge, so da trolls would have a way to get to heaven.

God saw it was good and on da SEVENTH day, He went huntin’.

Roy Jackson
    Participant

[QUOTE=osbornk »]After checking out the location of the “other” Rally, I was really glad to see the location of this Rally. It is the exact opposite of Gillette and that is a really good thing. The temperature should be great. Or course the weather at the Biltmore should have been perfect but unseasonable heat and the drought made it less than perfect. It was still far superior to what normal weather will be at the “other” Rally.[/QUOTE]

+1,:D Only 6 months to Rally time. Can’t wait as this will be my first time to UP. I didn,t think it was that hot at the Biltmore.

MARK FLANAGAN
    Participant

Thats two June rallies in a row. I hope the fall RA rally is not a thing of the past. Gotta decide between the RA in MI or the European Rally in KY. Decisions, decisions!

P.S. Thanks to the team for putting it together and getting the info out.

KENNITH OSBORNE
    Participant

[QUOTE=MarkF »]Thats two June rallies in a row. I hope the fall RA rally is not a thing of the past. Gotta decide between the RA in MI or the European Rally in KY. Decisions, decisions!

P.S. Thanks to the team for putting it together and getting the info out.[/QUOTE]

Didn’t we have 2 October rallies in a row? I like it on either end of the summer.

CTYankee
    Participant

[QUOTE=MarkF »]…Gotta decide between the RA in MI or the European Rally in KY. …[/QUOTE]

tell me more about this European Rally in KY. Never heard of it – and would like to know more. Is it a local rally? Whats the story? Is it exclusive for the euro-crowd or are all makes represented?

BeemerArp
    Participant

here is a link to the rally. It’s in the middle of May … you could go to both.
    I was there this past May and it was very nice … beautiful area!

[url]http://www.bmwmcon.org/rally.html[/url]

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 77 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.