fbpx

This topic contains 76 replies, has 29 voices, and was last updated by  KENNITH OSBORNE 12 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 77 total)
  • Author

KENNITH OSBORNE
    Participant

[QUOTE=MarkF »]I’m kinda limited to east of the Mississippi by time. I also can’t do July/Aug.[/QUOTE]

I’m in the same boat. That’s why my favorites have been Birmingham, Shelbyville and Asheville.

CTYankee
    Participant

[QUOTE=osbornk »]I’m in the same boat. That’s why my favorites have been Birmingham, Shelbyville and Asheville.[/QUOTE]

+1

I hope that the RA Rally is East of the Mississippi. Rumors are indicating that Ozarks are a possibility. Let’s keep our fingers crossed.

MARK FLANAGAN
    Participant

[QUOTE=osbornk »]I’m in the same boat. That’s why my favorites have been Birmingham, Shelbyville and Asheville.[/QUOTE]

I loved Shelbyville but RA in WV woulda been my fav if it weren’t for the Hurricane!

MARK FLANAGAN
    Participant

[QUOTE=Wood »][FONT=”Times New Roman”][SIZE=”4″]Does the BMW RA announce the upcoming year’s rally at any specific time?

Wood[/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

NO, it’s announced when the ink is dry. I would like region and month announced when the ink is still wet. Don’t think that’s too much to ask.

KENNITH OSBORNE
    Participant

[QUOTE=MarkF »]I loved Shelbyville but RA in WV woulda been my fav if it weren’t for the Hurricane![/QUOTE]

The rally I went to in WV was an MOA Rally. The weather did ruin it for me. I think the complaints would have been far less if the weather had been better and there had been fewer tents floating down the river.

I think the RA should always try to do the opposite of what the MOA does. With the smaller size and less restrictions, the RA rallies are almost always in better locations and more enjoyable to me than the MOA rallies.

WACKETT RICHARD
    Participant

I have my summers off and plan to do a lot of traveling out West this upcoming 2008 summer. I plan to be in Colorado early June 2008 (COG Nat’l Rally), In Utah in mid-June 2008 (Red Rock Redezvour Club Rally sponsored by Beehive Beemers), and in Gillette Wyoming in mid-July 2008 (BMWMOA Nat’l Rally). Can anyone give me an idea of WHERE & WHEN the BMWRA Nat’l Rally will be held? I hope it is in the southwestern States (CO, UT, NV, WY, NM, AZ, etc) and fits in with my general travel schedule outlined above. I enjoyed the BMWRA Biltmore Estates Nat’l Rally in NC last summer!
    Richard

KENNITH OSBORNE
    Participant

[QUOTE=wackettrw »]I have my summers off and plan to do a lot of traveling out West this upcoming 2008 summer. I plan to be in Colorado early June 2008 (COG Nat’l Rally), In Utah in mid-June 2008 (Red Rock Redezvour Club Rally sponsored by Beehive Beemers), and in Gillette Wyoming in mid-July 2008 (BMWMOA Nat’l Rally). Can anyone give me an idea of WHERE & WHEN the BMWRA Nat’l Rally will be held? I hope it is in the southwestern States (CO, UT, NV, WY, NM, AZ, etc) and fits in with my general travel schedule outlined above. I enjoyed the BMWRA Biltmore Estates Nat’l Rally in NC last summer!
    Richard[/QUOTE]

I am hoping for a location south of the Mason Dixon line and east of the Mississippi River. This would balance the MOA Rally and give many of us a workable option.

MARK FLANAGAN
    Participant

[QUOTE=osbornk »]I am hoping for a location south of the Mason Dixon line and east of the Mississippi River. This would balance the MOA Rally and give many of us a workable option.[/QUOTE]

Kentucky would be nice!

KENNITH OSBORNE
    Participant

[QUOTE=MarkF »]Kentucky would be nice![/QUOTE]

I think it would be neat since I live about 80 miles from the Kentucky border. I have never attended a rally in Kentucky. The Chromeheads are planning a rally next August at Breaks Interstate Park which is on the Virginia-Kentucky border with the park in both states.

BeemerArp
    Participant

[QUOTE=BeemerArp »]I’ve heard rumors about the Ozarks, MO/AR … but don’t quote me on this :)[/QUOTE]

Well … I was wrong … it will not be in the Ozarks for 2008. But, the ink is dry, and the site will be announced next week. Hint … East of the Mississippi River, North of the Mason/Dixon and in June … stay tuned for details 🙂

WREYFORD DONALD
    Participant

Great, I have my plans for next year on hold awaiting the time and place.

CTYankee
    Participant

[QUOTE=BeemerArp »]…the ink is dry, and the site will be announced next week. Hint … East of the Mississippi River, North of the Mason/Dixon and in June … sta…[/QUOTE]

EXCELLENT. My first BMW Rally…here I come.:D

KENNITH OSBORNE
    Participant

[QUOTE=BeemerArp »]Well … I was wrong … it will not be in the Ozarks for 2008. But, the ink is dry, and the site will be announced next week. Hint … East of the Mississippi River, North of the Mason/Dixon and in June … stay tuned for details :)[/QUOTE]

Two out of my 3 wishes wouldn’t be bad.

Dan Wright
    Participant

[QUOTE=BeemerArp »]Well … I was wrong … it will not be in the Ozarks for 2008. But, the ink is dry, and the site will be announced next week. Hint … East of the Mississippi River, North of the Mason/Dixon and in June … stay tuned for details :)[/QUOTE]
    Guess I won’t have too far of a ride….

ANTON LARGIADER
    Participant

The RA really does try to announce rallies a year in advance, but that hasn’t happened since Shelbyville, where we announced Boise. We had a couple of things fall apart on the interim plans that put us behind.

Debbi is working on the 2009 rally so that we can announce that at the 2008 rally this summer.

And the 2008 rally will be announced Real Soon Now, as in maybe today.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 77 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.