fbpx

2007 BMW RA Rally Announcement!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    scbmwrider
    Spectator

Thanks for the announcement!!

You should spend some time looking at the other “rally” that was held there and got really bad press. It was a day admission only rally and got some bad press.

CURTIS NUGENT
    Spectator

How is this for irony?!? I live less that ten miles from the Biltmore Estate and will not be able to attend at least two days of the rally. I am a teacher (so I have all summer to ride) and schools in this area are still in session in early June.

CURTIS NUGENT
    Spectator

This also conflicts with the Airhead Rally in Ferguson, NC the same week end. It’s hell living in motorcycle heaven!!!

RUSSELL SHAG
    Spectator

[QUOTE=nugentch Β»]This also conflicts with the Airhead Rally in Ferguson, NC the same week end. It’s hell living in motorcycle heaven!!![/QUOTE]

Also, Like Jim Schuyler pointed out. Americade is the same week, weekend.

DEBBI HARBOUR
    Spectator

It’s my pleasure to annouce the 35th BMW RA Rally will be held June 7-10, 2007 on the Biltmore Estate in Asheville, North Carolina! The RA will be the first rally ever to be held on the estate grounds which will be allowed to camp and stay on the grounds. This will be a truly unique rally experience for everyone. Mark your calendars, the rally website is up and we’ll try to answer your questions.

TIMOTHY BARD
    Spectator

[QUOTE=Debbi Harbour Β»]It’s my pleasure to annouce the 35th BMW RA Rally will be held June 7-10, 2007 on the Biltmore Estate in Asheville, North Carolina! [/QUOTE]

Yea Deb! πŸ™‚ Thank you for all your hard work. It is much appreciated that you have a job like all of us but put in many hours working for free to benefit our RA members. I want to thank you and all the RA officers and volunters who work tirelessly and selflessly for us. Merry Christmas! I am making plans now to attend the RA 2007 at the Biltmore. πŸ˜€

Tim Bard

CURTIS NUGENT
    Spectator

[QUOTE=beemerphile1 Β»]Yea Deb! πŸ™‚ Thank you for all your hard work. It is much appreciated that you have a job like all of us but put in many hours working for free to benefit our RA members.[/QUOTE]

I agree!! I was in no way complaining or criticizing anyone. I just found it ironic because I practically live at the front gate to Biltmore. The main problem we have living in this area is deciding which of the gazillion fantastic roads to ride. But then, that is a wonderful problem to have!:D

scbmwrider
    Spectator

Thanks to all who have done the work to find a great rally site. It seems that no matter when a large event like this is planned there is no way to avoid schedule conflicts.

Great dates, Great location!

One thing to keep in mind that not far from the rally site, about 2,000 ft in elevation, are 6,000 ft mountains. Spring does not really show itself in the high mountains until late June. One of my favorite spring things to do is go to Gregory Bald around fathers day to see the wild azaleas bloom.

So bring some warm cloths!;)

Visian
    Spectator

Great news about this rally.

Is there going to be a rides thread? I have a ride sheet that I prepped back in 1996 when the MOA was in Morganton that lists a number of good roads in the area.

Ian

scbmwrider
    Spectator

[QUOTE=Visian Β»]Great news about this rally.

Is there going to be a rides thread? I have a ride sheet that I prepped back in 1996 when the MOA was in Morganton that lists a number of good roads in the area.

Ian[/QUOTE]

I’m sure that there should be some. I am working on some ideas but probably won’t really get serious about posting them until I have a chance to recon the roads in the spring. I have also been working on a set of waypoints for gps’s of interesting things in the area.

More to come:D

KENNITH OSBORNE
    Spectator

I attended several Honda Hoot there and think it is a great place. The Hoot went from a nice quiet Goldwing crowd to a loud piped Harley Clone crowd that disrupted the peaceful nature of the area. It was also downtown and tied up traffic. As I recall, I went to the Hoot the last year it was in Asheville and the new mayor was not a motorcycle fan and worked to get rid of both the Hoot and the Shriners.

I think they will appreciate our smaller and quieter rally.

CURTIS NUGENT
    Spectator

[QUOTE=osbornk Β»]As I recall, I went to the Hoot the last year it was in Asheville and the new mayor was not a motorcycle fan and worked to get rid of both the Hoot and the Shriners.
    QUOTE]

I remember that. If I remember right, the cops were instructed to give parking tickets at the maximum rate. The next year the rally was moved to Knoxville.

When coming to Asheville one must remember that it is known as the San Francisco of the East. VERY liberal, VERY hippy. You can literally smell people under 25 πŸ™ Also that girl you invite back to your tent may not be a girl after all. :confused:

Good points. Not a bad road within 300 miles. Also, the town has about 5 microbreweries and they are very well supported by the locals. I am a beer lover and I have to say Asheville has the best beer in the U.S. Not a bad road or beer around these parts, not a bad place to live, eh? 😎

MARK FLANAGAN
    Spectator

[QUOTE=nugentch Β»]When coming to Asheville one must remember that it is known as the San Francisco of the East. VERY liberal, VERY hippy. You can literally smell people under 25 πŸ™ Also that girl you invite back to your tent may not be a girl after all. :confused:

Good points. Not a bad road within 300 miles. Also, the town has about 5 microbreweries and they are very well supported by the locals. I am a beer lover and I have to say Asheville has the best beer in the U.S. Not a bad road or beer around these parts, not a bad place to live, eh? :cool:[/QUOTE]

Sounds interesting…

I hope they have a shuttlebus or local kegs in the beer garden.

If the entertainment is anything like TN in 2005 it will be fun!

HUDSPETH TIM
    Spectator

[QUOTE]…… the 35th BMW RA Rally will be held June 7-10, 2007 on the Biltmore Estate in Asheville, North Carolina! …….[/QUOTE]Kewl. A backyard rally. Theirs and ours! We look forward to being there! It’s going to be a great weekend!

Pillion
    Spectator

[quote]It’s my pleasure to annouce the 35th BMW RA Rally will be held June 7-10, 2007 on the Biltmore Estate in Asheville, North Carolina! …….[/quote][URL=”http://www.smokeymountainrides.com/rides.html”%5DMore curvy roads around here than you can shake a stick at.[/URL]

[IMG]http://www.i-bmw.com/gallery/data/558/medium/US74a.JPG[/IMG]

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.