fbpx

1992 K 100 RS engine oil sight glass

Home Forums General discussion Motorcycle Talk – General Topics 1992 K 100 RS engine oil sight glass

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Badbear07
    Spectator

Can anyone answer this with certainty

The sight glass has a red dot in the center – some say fill right on the line – some say about an eight of an inch higher some lower.

What is the answer please.

You can not go by the book because the amount of oil they say would completely fill the sight glass – I would assume that is not correct.

Thanks for the help.

David

ANTON LARGIADER
    Spectator

1/8″ is pretty meaningless in this context. You want the oil level to be within the circle when the engine is off and the bike is upright. Last time I bought a box of sight glasses BMW didn’t even have a dot in the middle any more. Keep it as near the middle as you want, but anywhere within the circle, and you’re fine.

It’s not like the bearings are splash-lubricated by the oil level. You’re basically looking at the oil reservoir.

Badbear07
    Spectator

Thank you for the response…..I feel much better knowing this as I read many different variations regarding this issue.

David

Badbear07
    Spectator

Today was on a ride through NH, after fueling and starting back up my ABS and hazard light would not stop flashing. I checked all my bulbs and replaced one that may have been burned out but this did not help.

When I push down on my ABS switch both lights go solid.

Can you tell me what to do from here. It is a 1992 K 100 RS – never had this problem. Both brake master cylinders were replaced this year, all fluids flushed and system bleed.

Is there a way for me to reset?

Thanks,
    David

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.