Main Megamenu

• OTL Magazine
  • The Club

View: Megamenu Slideshow: The Club megamenu slideshow

News of the RA World

What's going on with the club?  This is the place to read about club activities and changes.

You could be here. BMW Riders Association at Petoskey, Michigan July 6,7 & 8

Start or Renew Your Club Membership!

Here's the information you need to join now or renew your Right Attitude membership.

Membership Has Its Benefits

And here are some of them for joining the RA, because the RA is looking for useful discounts and deals for its members.

Welcome to the Black Eagle Shop

Club members can visit the shop for RA "Right Attitude" wear and accessories.

Stay
  • RA Community

View: Megamenu Slideshow: The BMW RA Community megamenu slideshow

Rallies and Events

Plan out your riding season with this zoomable, scrollable and clickable map, along with a date order listing of upcoming Rallies and Events.

Local Chartered Clubs

The RA charters local clubs and provides their information here so you can find them

RA Regions Program

RA volunteers work to keep you informed about what's happening in your area of the world, with local events and news.

Classified Ads

Here's where RA Members can create classified ads to buy, sell or swap BMW Motorcycle related items.

The RA Forum - Where Riders Get Together

The forum is open to anyone.  Join in and express your opinions!

Selected BMW Links

Here are a set of useful links to relevant BMW websites.  We have them grouped into useful categories so you can find what you're looking for quickly: BMW Corporate pages, selected other Clubs, Racing info and, of course, Miscellaneous.

Stay
  • Forum
  • Contact Us

Riding in 2008

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
osbornk
Riding in 2008

I was able to ride a couple of days in the first part of January and I was able to ride my oilhead yesterday and plan on riding my airhead today. It's unusual to be able to ride here in the mountains this time of year.

My only problem with riding in the winter in the mountains is the gravel at intersections where gravel gathers that has been used on the roads when they were slick. You fellows in the eastern part of the state are really lucky with your warmer weather and lack of slick roads. The weather at my daughter's house in Norfolk the other day was 72 and it was 36 at my house.

Ken

Edited by: osbornk on 2008-02-17 07:46
AntonLargiader
AntonLargiader's picture

Lately, when the weather's been nice we're just as likely to go out on the bicycles! But I did have a stunning afternoon ride about two weeks ago with a friend. About 100 miles in all, maybe. Perfect day, never needed electrics.

Mostly I'm trying to finish all of the mechanical projects so I can really ride the bikes when the weather gets better for good.

Anton Largiader

Charlottesville, VA

www.largiader.com

Join the BMW Riders Association