Main Megamenu

• OTL Magazine
  • The Club

View: Megamenu Slideshow: The Club megamenu slideshow

News of the RA World

What's going on with the club?  This is the place to read about club activities and changes.

You could be here. BMW Riders Association at Petoskey, Michigan July 6,7 & 8

Start or Renew Your Club Membership!

Here's the information you need to join now or renew your Right Attitude membership.

Membership Has Its Benefits

And here are some of them for joining the RA, because the RA is looking for useful discounts and deals for its members.

Welcome to the Black Eagle Shop

Club members can visit the shop for RA "Right Attitude" wear and accessories.

Stay
  • RA Community

View: Megamenu Slideshow: The BMW RA Community megamenu slideshow

Rallies and Events

Plan out your riding season with this zoomable, scrollable and clickable map, along with a date order listing of upcoming Rallies and Events.

Local Chartered Clubs

The RA charters local clubs and provides their information here so you can find them

RA Regions Program

RA volunteers work to keep you informed about what's happening in your area of the world, with local events and news.

Classified Ads

Here's where RA Members can create classified ads to buy, sell or swap BMW Motorcycle related items.

The RA Forum - Where Riders Get Together

The forum is open to anyone.  Join in and express your opinions!

Selected BMW Links

Here are a set of useful links to relevant BMW websites.  We have them grouped into useful categories so you can find what you're looking for quickly: BMW Corporate pages, selected other Clubs, Racing info and, of course, Miscellaneous.

Stay
  • Forum
  • Contact Us

08 Rally Questions

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
OldBMWMaster
OldBMWMaster's picture
08 Rally Questions

I went to the site and the lodging is all hotels and motels. Is there no camping on site? I also noticed that we will be on state property. I am from the South so I get all paranoid when I go on any property that is a part of a government. Can we bring our own booze? Will there be drug sniffing dogs? (No, I do not do illegal drugs; but I also don't like the tactics) Is there mud?

I totally enjoyed the RA at Biltmore House; it was Head Bitch Barbie's first rally. No one had any problems because it is private property. Again, it might just be a southern thing. We are mighty suspicious of government here....lol.

Jerry Dockery

Kure Beach, NC

Coastal Carolina Riders Club RA # 346

910-262-2843

Edited by: OldBMWMaster on 2008-02-23 06:43
*SHAG*

:eek: I'm sure the information will be posted any day now :rolleyes:

2005 GS Rock Red 81k miles

rockers
rockers's picture
RA Rally Camping

Of course there will be camping at the Rally Site. There are two large soccer fields and large football practice field at the site for grass camping (hopefully no rain or Mud). RA doesn't expect campers to find their own camping sites, unless you prefer privacy.

Alcohol will be permitted in the camping areas, however we will be selling Beer/? at the Rally and will need to seperate the two. (i.e. can't bring your stuff into their area- State Law).

We are looking for Volunteer DS Dogs!

Your Rally Chair

Paul_F
Dorm Rooms?

From my reading of the information, are we not going to be staying in the college dorm rooms? I read "no circus tents" and interpreted that to mean we would be abandoning the tents for this rally. Who is in the "know" who can enlighten me?

manic mechanic
manic mechanic's picture

Vendors will be indoors, if they so desire. Beer tent won't be a tent, it will also be indoors. Indoors means inside a building. Camping, as always, will be in tents, outdoors.

1976 R90/6, 2015 R1200GSA(W)

Rounder #6

Wisconsin Region Rep, MOA Ambassador

jeremell
jeremell's picture

Join the BMW Riders Association