Main Megamenu

Colorado Fires

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Budman
Colorado Fires

Im headed out in the morning come fires or not but has anyone got an update on the fires and the resort? Im coming on I70, will there be issues?

Bud

Edited by: Budman on 2012-06-12 07:09
Outback Ufo

Budman wrote:
Im headed out in the morning come fires or not but has anyone got an update on the fires and the resort? Im coming on I70, will there be issues?

Bud

The fires are up in Fort Collins area... about 15 miles west of it... So the Pourdue canyon will not be good to riding... Colo Hwy 14 is actually closed as of today... So no riding east of Walden, CO over Cameron Pass to Fort Collins... the fire is 0% contained and quite out of control.. but it is very far away from where the rally is.

The RMNP should be fine since it sits southwest of where the fire is... i would not ride down into Estes Park... jsut ride up the west side of the park and back out.

I70 is fine. there is always cotrip.org for all the road conditions

doggettbeemer

We were in that area yesterday. We traveled on 14 yesterday and had to drop down on 34 because it was hazy and you could smell the smoke. All is well in the area of the rally site.See you in a couple of days. Weather is perfect.

Join the BMW Riders Association