Main Megamenu

• OTL Magazine
  • The Club

View: Megamenu Slideshow: The Club megamenu slideshow

News of the RA World

What's going on with the club?  This is the place to read about club activities and changes.

You could be here. BMW Riders Association at Petoskey, Michigan July 6,7 & 8

Start or Renew Your Club Membership!

Here's the information you need to join now or renew your Right Attitude membership.

Membership Has Its Benefits

And here are some of them for joining the RA, because the RA is looking for useful discounts and deals for its members.

Welcome to the Black Eagle Shop

Club members can visit the shop for RA "Right Attitude" wear and accessories.

Stay
  • RA Community

View: Megamenu Slideshow: The BMW RA Community megamenu slideshow

Rallies and Events

Plan out your riding season with this zoomable, scrollable and clickable map, along with a date order listing of upcoming Rallies and Events.

Local Chartered Clubs

The RA charters local clubs and provides their information here so you can find them

RA Regions Program

RA volunteers work to keep you informed about what's happening in your area of the world, with local events and news.

Classified Ads

Here's where RA Members can create classified ads to buy, sell or swap BMW Motorcycle related items.

The RA Forum - Where Riders Get Together

The forum is open to anyone.  Join in and express your opinions!

Selected BMW Links

Here are a set of useful links to relevant BMW websites.  We have them grouped into useful categories so you can find what you're looking for quickly: BMW Corporate pages, selected other Clubs, Racing info and, of course, Miscellaneous.

Stay
  • Forum
  • Contact Us

Thank You!

21 posts / 0 new
Last post
hoyme1
Thank You!

Just sent this to the OTL editor but thought I'd include it here as well...

Please allow me to share some comments regarding the current RA Rally in Chippewa Falls...

I am a resident of Chippewa Falls and a member of BMW RA. I was so excited when I heard this year's Rally would be held in my home town! Although the Rally is still going on as this is written, I want to share a few observations and comments about the attendees and the response of our community.

Many of my friends know I ride a BMW so they would repeatedly ask, "Did you go up to the Fairgrounds for the Rally?" This would invariably be followed by comments like:

"Those motorcycles are so quiet! (this is, after all, Harley country)

"They all wear their helmets!"

From numerous friends who worked concession stands and information booths: "Those are nicest people we have ever served!

"They don't speed!"

A personal observation: I spent time on Friday evening strolling the Fairgrounds, looking at the amazing assortment of bikes, models, camping gear and yes, people. But what really struck me was that not once did I see any litter, any garbage anywhere! To assemble hundreds of people in a rather small area and see such consideration and caring is one of the highest compliments I can pay.

I know I speak for Chippewa Falls when I say thank you for coming to our small town and personally, how proud I am to say I am one small part of such a wonderful group of enthusiasts.

Rick Hoyme
Chippewa Falls, WI

Edited by: hoyme1 on 2011-07-28 20:15
Shep Brown
Rallyist impressions +!

One of my closest friends lives in Chip Falls...actually he is very active in one of the vendor booths......has been saying the same thing about Beemer folk......I'm not at the rally...but sure wish I was.....I'm proud of the RA community also!!:hurray

Shep Brown

'82 RS "Igor"

'04 RT "Inga"

Pensacola, Flairider

RA #12730

c:850.723.7474

rockers
rockers's picture

Rick & Shep

Thanks for your positive comments. I just left the rally site about 1:00PM after doing a few clean-up items anf the site looks just as when we arrived. Everyone did another great job of pick-up as usual. Joe (our NWSF contact had a late morning request that all the tables and benches be moved to the black top for grass mowing and all the remaining floks jumped in and goi it done!

Thanks
Bob Alexander

gespannejok

I'll throw my .02 here also - got in late Wed, left early Sun (hadda work Sun PM) and
had a grand time all round. I've been to more 'MOAs than 'RAs, and more than one person said, 'This is more personalized(okay, the quotes varied) than the big rally.' I'll agree.
I like them both, and am glad that we have the choice. As I'm decision-impaired, I'll just
have to keep attending both Wink Mark and Tina were everywhere at once, and worked and worked to keep things smooth. IMHO, they knocked it out of the park - THANK YOU!!

womanridge
womanridge's picture

gespannejok » wrote:
Mark and Tina were everywhere at once, and worked and worked to keep things smooth. IMHO, they knocked it out of the park - THANK YOU!!

I agree with you completely, but must admit I'm a bit of an insider. They have a lot of friends in the BMW community and their hard work on this rally shows why.

Glenfiddich
Glenfiddich's picture

I love the RA rallies. It's like a gathering of family. Sure, some cousins might be a little odd, but they're family so we embrace them all. To have my dog carded, then allowed into the beer tent with a bracelet attached to his collar, was simply priceless!

Sharon -- I have some pix of Trey I want to send you. Get in touch with me.

Barley and I are now in Marion OH, having had an uneventful trip from Madison WI today. Tomorrow on to New Philly to replace that bald front tire, then on thru PA and NY to home in VT. Looking forward to seeing you all next year.

Pete

agmom98

Glenfiddich » wrote:
I love the RA rallies. It's like a gathering of family. Sure, some cousins might be a little odd, but they're family so we embrace them all. To have my dog carded, then allowed into the beer tent with a bracelet attached to his collar, was simply priceless!

That is priceless!! It was indeed a great rally...fantastic venue as well! Smaller is better for me.

Bob T
Bob T's picture

hoyme1 wrote:

"They don't speed!"

Well not in town or residential areas, anyway....

Now, county roads E and M in the Chippewa Moraine area, or AA to the west...:yesnod

Although we stayed off site, I also heard the "so quiet" comment...

Bob T.
'95 K1100RS
'01 Triumph TT600
'83 Suzuki GS1100E
'82 Suzuki GS750E - Project
'41 BSA M20 - Waiting Restoration

manic mechanic
manic mechanic's picture

I'd like to add a big THANK-YOU to all the volunteers who helped with Security and Gates during the rally. Realizing we're all volunteers, but the way you folks dealt with people who wanted to "just come in and look around" was very professional. I look forward to seeing you on the road sometime. Ride Safe!

1976 R90/6, 2015 R1200GSA(W)

Rounder #6

Wisconsin Region Rep, MOA Ambassador

sdpc2

Any estimates as to # of attendees?

k75karol
k75karol's picture

sdpc2 » wrote:

1130 +/-.

What a great rally!! (other than the furnace being stuck on hot). Tina, Mark and their team did a great job!!!

Karol Patzer

Karol Patzer

Ride Hard....Go Far.....Keep Smilin

Beemer-me-up
Beemer-me-up's picture

sdpc2 » wrote:

1200+/- I believe, which I believe is about the average. just right in my opinion.

13 R 1200 RT (90th Anniversary Edition) (Gertrude)

04 R-1150-RT (Traveler) Sold 12-7-15

04 R-1100-RS (Pearl )(gone 10-2008)

78 R-80 (Gone but not Forgotten-KIA by a DUI)

Beemer-me-up
Beemer-me-up's picture

Guess I should of read on futher, I had a great time at the rally. And the showers were not so bad. The music was fantastic. And the local beer was great. I guess I'm saying that I had a blast. Now the waite for next years location.

13 R 1200 RT (90th Anniversary Edition) (Gertrude)

04 R-1150-RT (Traveler) Sold 12-7-15

04 R-1100-RS (Pearl )(gone 10-2008)

78 R-80 (Gone but not Forgotten-KIA by a DUI)

bmwkaren

Great time! The fairgrounds were very nice and clean; the showers were just fine & the beer was mighty tasty! Thank goodness the storms went around us & cooled things down. Never thought I would see so many BMW's in a parade! I hope the townfolks loved it as I know I did! Tina, Mark & the whole RA gang, you did a wonderful job and we thank you all.

gene
gene's picture

My first RA rallye and I had a blast! Just gotta say thanx and congrats to organizers and vol's for all the work they put in and the delightful hospitality. A great rallye all 'round. I went to Rich's wonderful "adding electronics" seminar (wow. the guy's an electrical engineer!) Loved Joanne and V's inspiring photo seminar. The two guitar players, in fact the whole band Saturday nite just blew me away. (I work with some pretty awesome musicians here in Chicago). The beer was great. The guy who brought the 1943 R75 military rig...just awesome! Good selection of vendors. And of course all the friendly riders.

BTW, is it an "RA thing" to not start any bikes till 6:00am? It was so great to seep in!

GoJoGo

Great rally, lots of fun. I was sorry to see it end, it was all good. I enjoyed the air conditioned bus ride to the air conditioned Mall of America on Friday, Mary Beth did a fantastic job getting the mall trip cordinated, going as far as picking the best day to go (read hottest day).

Mark and Tina did a great job on EVERYTHING else. Music was great, food was good and always available, seminars interesting, and I supported the vendors best I could. The parade was a blast, what a party. I think Chippewa Falls was a excellent location, how often do you go to a rally next door to a brewery.

MG

Any list of awards givin out? Youngest? oldest? farthest traveled?

doggettbeemer

Glenfiddich » wrote:

Pete

Looks like Barley has another 15 minutes of fame. Go to WEAU.com. On the right side they have past news clips. Go to page 10 and see the interview with Barley. Sorry to put Barley through going back in the sidecar but as I expected his interview was much better than mine. Thank you!

OU812
OU812's picture

By far the best Rally ever for myself! Stan gave me his winning gift(a sun-visor) and I had Marty detail my bike. Marty, you still missed a spot!:biggrin
Great roads and great friends, not much more one could want for.
Thanks to all that put this on. I really appreciate all of your efforts!
Steve

Glenfiddich
Glenfiddich's picture

Harlan relaxing after a long day
[URL="

OU812
OU812's picture

I met the BMW MOA Embarresser, he was a hoot! Finding his pants in the middle of the loud camp was a bit, odd.:biggrin

Join the BMW Riders Association