Main Megamenu

• OTL Magazine
  • The Club

View: Megamenu Slideshow: The Club megamenu slideshow

News of the RA World

What's going on with the club?  This is the place to read about club activities and changes.

You could be here. BMW Riders Association at Petoskey, Michigan July 6,7 & 8

Start or Renew Your Club Membership!

Here's the information you need to join now or renew your Right Attitude membership.

Membership Has Its Benefits

And here are some of them for joining the RA, because the RA is looking for useful discounts and deals for its members.

Welcome to the Black Eagle Shop

Club members can visit the shop for RA "Right Attitude" wear and accessories.

Stay
  • RA Community

View: Megamenu Slideshow: The BMW RA Community megamenu slideshow

Rallies and Events

Plan out your riding season with this zoomable, scrollable and clickable map, along with a date order listing of upcoming Rallies and Events.

Local Chartered Clubs

The RA charters local clubs and provides their information here so you can find them

RA Regions Program

RA volunteers work to keep you informed about what's happening in your area of the world, with local events and news.

Classified Ads

Here's where RA Members can create classified ads to buy, sell or swap BMW Motorcycle related items.

The RA Forum - Where Riders Get Together

The forum is open to anyone.  Join in and express your opinions!

Selected BMW Links

Here are a set of useful links to relevant BMW websites.  We have them grouped into useful categories so you can find what you're looking for quickly: BMW Corporate pages, selected other Clubs, Racing info and, of course, Miscellaneous.

Stay
  • Forum
  • Contact Us

At the Rally- Gravel 0n 2 main streets by the Brewery|

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
gregk
At the Rally- Gravel 0n 2 main streets by the Brewery|

Pass this notice along. This really gets my goat. I'm a Valkyrie rider and ABATE member. I live 1 blk off the main drag between the Brewery & the Fair grounds. I'm a seasoned rider and Been around the blk. The Damn City today filled cracks and have a lot of gravel 2 blks on the main drag. They didn't have to do it with all you people comming in town, I can probebly count 12-1500 bikes. The city has not ben doing this kind of crack filling till today. In the morning I'll be calling a lot of people to try to get that crap swept up. No promises. the 2 blks are the main thorofair between the Fair grounds and the doun town area. It needs to be cleaned up now as I see people are allready starting to come in town. You guys can help and flood the mayors office with calls. Area- Corner of bridge st. & Elm st. going to the bridge. Mayors # 715-726-2734 after 8:30 the street dept. # 715-723-4151. call them. You can tell them I told you if you want, Greg Koller . I'd like to see you people have a great time while your here.

Edited by: gregk on 2011-07-26 04:43
doggettbeemer

Thank you for the posting. We have been told it will be cleaned up by Thursday. Great weather for a rally. People are rolling in now. Beer tent is up. Food on site nearly 24/7. Great prices. $2.50 - 20 oz. Leinies... fun, fun, fun.:hurray

gregk

I called the newspaper office and left a message , called the street dept at 8:30 and found out a couple of you allready called. I let em have it because they could of waited till next week as there is a lot of streets to fix. Like Sweetpea I was guarenteed it would be cleaned up thursday. I went a bit further and called the Mayers office ,had to leave a message. We'll see If they get it cleaned up. There is more people to call if need be.

nplenzick

It's all cleaned up now. I had to go to the post office this morning at 8:00 AM and the streets were in pretty good shape.
Thanks for the help gregk!

Merlin III
Merlin III's picture

Interestingly, I saw a lot of loose gravel on a lot of paved roads on Wisconsin. I live in a rural northern State and to be honest I have never seen this procedure before.

Join the BMW Riders Association