Main Megamenu

• OTL Magazine
  • The Club

View: Megamenu Slideshow: The Club megamenu slideshow

News of the RA World

What's going on with the club?  This is the place to read about club activities and changes.

You could be here. BMW Riders Association at Petoskey, Michigan July 6,7 & 8

Start or Renew Your Club Membership!

Here's the information you need to join now or renew your Right Attitude membership.

Membership Has Its Benefits

And here are some of them for joining the RA, because the RA is looking for useful discounts and deals for its members.

Welcome to the Black Eagle Shop

Club members can visit the shop for RA "Right Attitude" wear and accessories.

Stay
  • RA Community

View: Megamenu Slideshow: The BMW RA Community megamenu slideshow

Rallies and Events

Plan out your riding season with this zoomable, scrollable and clickable map, along with a date order listing of upcoming Rallies and Events.

Local Chartered Clubs

The RA charters local clubs and provides their information here so you can find them

RA Regions Program

RA volunteers work to keep you informed about what's happening in your area of the world, with local events and news.

Classified Ads

Here's where RA Members can create classified ads to buy, sell or swap BMW Motorcycle related items.

The RA Forum - Where Riders Get Together

The forum is open to anyone.  Join in and express your opinions!

Selected BMW Links

Here are a set of useful links to relevant BMW websites.  We have them grouped into useful categories so you can find what you're looking for quickly: BMW Corporate pages, selected other Clubs, Racing info and, of course, Miscellaneous.

Stay
  • Forum
  • Contact Us

Volunteer Solicitation!!!

20 posts / 0 new
Last post
Enfoman
Enfoman's picture
Volunteer Solicitation!!!

Volunteer Solicitation!!! Wave

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Attention to all PRA'S!! ( Prospective Rally Attendees)

Volunteer Help is always needed and as a matter of course, encouraged. Therefore as the newly appointed and accepted Volunteer Rally coordinator and also the Assistant to the Chair, I hope that many who are going to his event consider Volunteering and then you could be a PRAVet and be thanked for your service.
Join the ranks of those who have stepped up and have been counted, Be a part of the brotherhood that as defended our country, like the Green Mountain Boys, also those who protected your houses from fire, and those like yours truly who dove beneath the chilly depths of the sea. The cominality? ALL VOLUNTEERS! Thumbsup

So, Come On! Be a PRAVeteer! Enlist now with a note on what you want to do, what talent you may offer to share or just a line to show some support and offer some help to make this rally a smooth running machine.

E-mail me at..... RA_GATEWAY10@yahoo.com
to get this thing rolling.

Robert Bailey

Assistant to the Chair &
Volunteer coordinator

Edited by: Enfoman on 2010-07-27 17:05
PaulBach

Let's give Enfoman a hand. The rally cannot run without volunteers and we need folks to step up and volunteer four hours of time. Especially needed are security volunteers. Nifty souvenir for security volunteers.

Paul

2010 Rallymeister in Vermont
Pownal - Gateway to New England

AntonLargiader
AntonLargiader's picture

Not only are volunteers necessary for any rally, but if you talk to people who have volunteered at past rallies you will find that it was one of the most enjoyable parts of the rally for them. I can't really explain it, but the interaction with other attendees and the feeling of helping steer this big effort lifts it above just being donated work.

Anton Largiader

Charlottesville, VA

www.largiader.com

PaulBach

Anton has it right.

It's people that make a rally especially an RA rally. An RA rally is a homecoming and we want you to join our family.

Enfoman
Enfoman's picture

Friends and family-
Get in the plan. Be a PRAveteer. Our family is pretty small now. I hope it will be bigger. Isn-t Bigger Better?? Responses to volunteer have been coming in S_L_O_W_L_Y. Perhaps this is to be expected when the event seems so far out but, July will be here before we know it. C'mon! get your name in and be part of the family! ARRGG! Maties! Be a PRAveteer!

E-Mail @ RA_GATEWAY10@yahoo.com

Robert Bailey

kewlmoose
kewlmoose's picture

Once I get my vacation time approved I'll be signing up!

There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life.

Frank Zappa

PaulBach

Well Done Kewlmoose!

Enfoman
Enfoman's picture
Time draws near!

If you are even thinking of helping out in the Rally, Time is drawing near. I will be busy this weekend making contacts and sending out update e-mails for those who have contacted me about volunteering. I will also be making up a flow chart and staffing chart for positions. Contact me at ...... RA_GATEWAY10@yahoo.com for your volunteering desires! Many people have asked Steve Mouk at Max BMW about what they can do and who to contact. All the info is in this thread so far. Yes I know it takes a little manuvering to get here, no simple radio button link, but the world does not revolve around me either........ link up to the e-mail address before you move on and forget! Many hands make lots of light work! Time to go............ Just 34 days from today's post.

Click below and see how much time is left for YOU! Wave

http://xrl.in/5p7l

Bob

RD2WK

Consider me volunteered! I would be happy to help in the Vintage area, seminars and entertainment. Peter RD2WRK

Enfoman
Enfoman's picture

Last First Chance reminder----

If you are considering a spot or time to volunteer at the rally that will fit perfectly wih your schedule, let me know the time frame and general location or venue you would like to help. For those that have stepped up--- I salute you and rest assured you have what you want. Rumor has it there wll be some nice swag for those that want to get in on our own homeland RA security.

Bob

MTSweger

Bump.

I'm in.

-MTS

magbayross
magbayross's picture
Sign Me Up!

Ross Warren here, from Rupert VT. Member of VTBMWMOA and BMWMOA. Certainly i can work your security requirements for Saturday. Someone contact me at rwarren55@gmail.com.

Thanks

Ross

Enfoman
Enfoman's picture

We have a new Listing for volunteer sign up. It is Volunteer sign ups for CAMPING LOGISTICS!!! You can help out in seting up camping areas with the CAMPING LOGISTICS CHAIRS ---- John and Marge Thurber. This new area is WIDE OPEN FOR VOLUNTEERS!!! send request for your rally Volunteer times for this or any other ares to me @ this email---- RA_GATEWAY10@yahoo.com

Bob Bailey----- Volunteer Coordinator

ctbits

I'll be glad to help - anything you need. This is my first RA rally and I am looling forward to it. Where do I sign up? at the rally?

Edd

PaulBach

You can sign up at the rally. Glad to have you aboard and lots of great times await.

Enfoman
Enfoman's picture

A good many openings are available for volunteering! From the Black Eagle store to the security posts and a new Camping Logistics Post, we need some of you to help out! Of course we need post filled in Set up, Registrartion and vendor setup too! Go to RA_GATEWAY10@yahoo.com to help make this rally one of the best and I will do my best to fulfill your wishes, but be aware, I do not carry a magic wand and I do not look like Harry Potter!

ONE WEEK TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bob Bailey
ENFOMAN
Volunteer Coorinator

R1200C

EKroth

Registration will also need help! Good with paper and ever wanted to hand out wristbands? Now's your chance!

Eric & Maria Kroth

beemeup
beemeup's picture

I'm hopefully arriving Tuesday night (tonight), I do have to go back to Brattleboro on Wednesday to visit family, but I'm available on Thursday for registration if you'd like. Tell me who to find and where and I'll be there. Don

EKroth

I'm pretty sure we'll be setting up Registration :P

Enfoman
Enfoman's picture
E-Mail Volunteer sign up closed!!!!

I have just sent in the Excel files to our Rally Miester Paul Bachorz for printing and Distribution to the respective areas of help. For all that have stepped up and had a conversation with me on helping, I applaud you! Your early sign up has placed a spot where you wanted to be.

For Prospective Volunteers, There are many slots still open and your help is still needed. Please sign up at the rally.

E mail sign up is now officially closed. Enjoy the rally!

Thanks to all

Robert Bailey
ENFOMAN
'99 R1200C

Join the BMW Riders Association