Main Megamenu

A Rally at a defunt race track, OK OK

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
Martin C Fischer
Martin C Fischer's picture
A Rally at a defunt race track, OK OK

Now, I wanted to know more so I looked on the web to find out about the Green Mountain Energy Park, I only found a article in the VPRadio web site. I called the local town at Pownal and was told that it does not exist as of yet......but, everyone is working on it..
Sounds like a fun place to be one of the first groups to be there. This Year I wanted to take the large Motorhome, but I dont know if it is allowed, can anyone help me here??

Edited by: Martin C Fischer on 2010-05-10 08:13
PaulBach

Bring it on! This place is large enough to park several semis and in the morning you would have to go looking for them with a pack of hounds.

This may be the only year a rally will be there. After this the condos go up. But right now they are hungry for business and willing to please. Those cleaver Vermont folks know how to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.

2010 Rallymeister in Vermont
Pownal - Gateway to New England

Visian
Visian's picture

PaulBach » wrote:
Those cleaver Vermont folks know how to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.

yee-OUCH! you mean they cut your ear off with a cleaver?

i heard farmers are a tough bunch, butt......

Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon.
'86 R80 G/SPD+ | '00 R1150 GS | '06 R1200 HP2e

PaulBach

One "t" in but, city slicker.

palmerkane

You can't find anything about Green Mountain Energy Park because it's always been Green Mountain Race Track. Try googling that and you can see what it looks like. A lot of events are held there like a vintage car show and a regional country fair. It's never be developed as residential since it's in a flood plain. "Energy Park" refers to solar array project currently under development and other potential sustainable industries considering the property. Current plans are to retain the stadium and track for events.

PaulBach
Largest Building ever for a BMW rally?

As far as I know the building for registration, socialization, entertainment and exhibits is the largest building ever for a BMW rally. There are three floors. Each floor is larger than a football field. The top floor will be where vendors and exhibits will be situated and the exhibits will be among the best in the BMW community. Stay tuned.

PaulBach

Registration is now open for the RA Rally in Pownal, Vermont.

[="3"][URL="http://www.bmwra.org/rally/terms.html"][="Blue"]Click Here[/][/URL][/] for the most direct route.

PaulBach

Went to Pownal yesterday to test the camping area which is a nice field of short grass which has grown over acres of asphalt. There were fears that tent pegs could not be driven in to the old surface.

[="4"]FEAR NOT![/]

I stopped at the hardware store about 7/10ths of a mile from the camping area. They store gave me a 24 penny nail (a spike) and I drove it easily into the pavement. No problem at all. Hurray

Martin C Fischer

I drove there on the way to Frost Nutz rally in Vermont and found the place very interesting, I hope they have shower truck or such as the facility, though large, was not set up for camping... If they do open the huge building for us, it will be great? Do they have showers.?? or do we use the river.???

PaulBach

A sixteen stall shower truck will be at the rally. Additional showers inside the building will also be available.

The entire building and grounds is ours to use.

Did you notice the nearby hardware store, package store and gasoline station all within a mile of the rally site?

Martin C Fischer
Rally in Pownel, VT Defunct Race Track

If it is true we have the building and the shower truck, great place to be, level etc. Yest the town of Pownell has plenty for all of us and the mountains in NY, New Hamp, and Vermont are all right there.

I look forward to the Rally.

Join the BMW Riders Association