Main Megamenu

• OTL Magazine
  • The Club

View: Megamenu Slideshow: The Club megamenu slideshow

News of the RA World

What's going on with the club?  This is the place to read about club activities and changes.

You could be here. BMW Riders Association at Petoskey, Michigan July 6,7 & 8

Start or Renew Your Club Membership!

Here's the information you need to join now or renew your Right Attitude membership.

Membership Has Its Benefits

And here are some of them for joining the RA, because the RA is looking for useful discounts and deals for its members.

Welcome to the Black Eagle Shop

Club members can visit the shop for RA "Right Attitude" wear and accessories.

Stay
  • RA Community

View: Megamenu Slideshow: The BMW RA Community megamenu slideshow

Rallies and Events

Plan out your riding season with this zoomable, scrollable and clickable map, along with a date order listing of upcoming Rallies and Events.

Local Chartered Clubs

The RA charters local clubs and provides their information here so you can find them

RA Regions Program

RA volunteers work to keep you informed about what's happening in your area of the world, with local events and news.

Classified Ads

Here's where RA Members can create classified ads to buy, sell or swap BMW Motorcycle related items.

The RA Forum - Where Riders Get Together

The forum is open to anyone.  Join in and express your opinions!

Selected BMW Links

Here are a set of useful links to relevant BMW websites.  We have them grouped into useful categories so you can find what you're looking for quickly: BMW Corporate pages, selected other Clubs, Racing info and, of course, Miscellaneous.

Stay
  • Forum
  • Contact Us

'Lectric campsites

14 posts / 0 new
Last post
Godzilla
Godzilla's picture
'Lectric campsites

This'll be my first RA Rally... Looking forward to it!

One Q: Will there be an electric hookup at any of the test sites? Yeah, I am one of those CPAP users. If I can hook it up, least you guys won't have to put up with my horrible snoring, gagging and choking all night!

-Jack

Edited by: Godzilla on 2010-07-25 11:44
PaulBach

The Rally Meister, that's me, will do his best to make sure you sleep like a baby. Can't guarantee what other men will sound like.

The story I tell my wife is that snoring is an evolutionary thing designed to protect women. Men slept at the cave entrance. The loud chorus of full throaty snoring kept the wild beasts at a distance thus ensuring the safety of women and children who slept at the rear of the cave.

2010 Rallymeister in Vermont
Pownal - Gateway to New England

PaulBach
Looking good

Was in Pownal today and talked to the powers to be. I'm assured there will be no problem getting electricity for the folks who need it.

Paul

Godzilla
Godzilla's picture

Awesome! Thanks. I will contact you via PM once I decide whether I will be camping or staying in a Motel. My brother and I are discussing. Appreciate the replies!

PaulBach

Drove to Pownal yesterday to make sure. Found lots of outlets and the site is willing to run more if needed. Lots of inexpensive motels in the area.

About 15 minutes away is
Bennington Battlefield Motel
4328 New York 7
Hoosick, NY 12089
(518) 686-0740

brutus
brutus's picture

Paul. I too am a CPAP user and I wonder how far from the outlets will we be. The question is what length extension cord do I need to bring? I do not want to bring a 100' cord if 25' will work, do you have any idea?

PaulBach

Will be running one large extension cord out from building. If you get there early 25 feet should do it.

Paul

Steven Stoyke

I am part owner of a resort and campground in Bennington Vermont. We cater to motorcycleists.
Security,Aspalt parking. Plenty of camping including indoor toilets and showers, Towels included.
We have motel rooms.
There is no finner motorcycle campground in Southern Vermont. Click on the site, click on groups. click on the little white icons of car and motorcycle.
The photos are of previous motorycle rallies held on our property.
Aerie inn. East Dorset Vermont
manchestervermontinn.com

Hope this is ok. Hope to see you there. We want you here. steve s.

PaulBach

Thanks Steve. It's always nice to have options. Yesnod

Tim Verdries

Paul,
As an old man with a CPAP machine can I make some arragements for a campsite that I can plug in my machine? They actually had a rally chair for this at last years MOA and it was very successful.
I should be arriving late afternoon on Thursday. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Tim Verdries
Michigan Airmarshal
Kalamazoo

PaulBach

There is a location already set aside for those with CPAP machines. So come on and join us. The RA wants you to join us.

As an air Marshall you will really appreciate the vintage motorcycle display

Quote:
[="3"]It’s rally time! We have something very special planned for the vintage display at the RA’s rally. The Vintage BMW Motorcycle Owners (VBMWMO) is honored to present Peter Nettesheim and his world-class machines. Fifteen pristine vintage BMWs will be professionally displayed. BMW Motorrad USA is allowing Peter to use several of their time-line backdrops as part of this magnificent display. Peter will also be conducting two seminars per day along with Q&A sessions during the rally. Many of you remember Peter’s display at the last MOA rally in Vermont. The rave reviews captured the rally.[/]

[URL="http://vintagebmw.org/v7/news"][="Blue"]
Click here[/][/URL] for more information

Luna

Will the electric campsites be limited to just those that need CPAP's? We have a Bunkhouse camper and hubby finds it hard to sleep without at least a fan running; preferably A/C. If it's first come/first served then we should have no trouble; looking to arrive late Tues/early Weds.

Looking forward to spending some time in Vermont!

Laura

PaulBach

Luna » wrote:
Will the electric campsites be limited to just those that need CPAP's? We have a Bunkhouse camper and hubby finds it hard to sleep without at least a fan running; preferably A/C. If it's first come/first served then we should have no trouble; looking to arrive late Tues/early Weds.

Looking forward to spending some time in Vermont!

Laura

At present the plans are to have electricity available for campers. Looking forward to meeting you in person.

Luna

Paul -

You have a PM!

Laura

Join the BMW Riders Association