Main Megamenu

• OTL Magazine
  • The Club

View: Megamenu Slideshow: The Club megamenu slideshow

News of the RA World

What's going on with the club?  This is the place to read about club activities and changes.

You could be here. BMW Riders Association at Petoskey, Michigan July 6,7 & 8

Start or Renew Your Club Membership!

Here's the information you need to join now or renew your Right Attitude membership.

Membership Has Its Benefits

And here are some of them for joining the RA, because the RA is looking for useful discounts and deals for its members.

Welcome to the Black Eagle Shop

Club members can visit the shop for RA "Right Attitude" wear and accessories.

Stay
  • RA Community

View: Megamenu Slideshow: The BMW RA Community megamenu slideshow

Rallies and Events

Plan out your riding season with this zoomable, scrollable and clickable map, along with a date order listing of upcoming Rallies and Events.

Local Chartered Clubs

The RA charters local clubs and provides their information here so you can find them

RA Regions Program

RA volunteers work to keep you informed about what's happening in your area of the world, with local events and news.

Classified Ads

Here's where RA Members can create classified ads to buy, sell or swap BMW Motorcycle related items.

The RA Forum - Where Riders Get Together

The forum is open to anyone.  Join in and express your opinions!

Selected BMW Links

Here are a set of useful links to relevant BMW websites.  We have them grouped into useful categories so you can find what you're looking for quickly: BMW Corporate pages, selected other Clubs, Racing info and, of course, Miscellaneous.

Stay
  • Forum
  • Contact Us

Not so many thanks

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
Henry3
Not so many thanks

One of my buddies airhead broke down in Cumberland on Friday. It was obvious he was broken down and 3 BMW riders went right by him. A girl on a Harley finally stopped.

Another hit a deer Sunday morning on the way to Mt. Storm. He did not go down but his left bag and contents were strewn down the road. Beemer riders leaving the rally passed him by too.

Res ipsa loquitur, as the legal beagles say.

How many other deer hits were there?

Henry

Edited by: Henry3 on 2009-08-24 15:42
AntonLargiader
AntonLargiader's picture

At the previous Canaan rally there was a pretty bad deerstrike by one of the RA members. He ended up in the hospital with some pretty heavy injuries.

Anton Largiader

Charlottesville, VA

www.largiader.com

MarkF
MarkF's picture

AntonLargiader » wrote:
At the previous Canaan rally there was a pretty bad deerstrike by one of the RA members. He ended up in the hospital with some pretty heavy injuries.

Saw that one, ouch!

MarkF
2005 Ducati ST3

Henry3

Glad no one else got hit.
There were an amazing number of deer

AntonLargiader
AntonLargiader's picture

The deer seem to be revered at Cannan Valley SP. Although it's strictly against policy, visitors often feed them and leave leftover food out for them. As if fried chicken and pasta are part of their normal diet... very unhealthy.

I think deer hunting season needs to be opened up a little more.

Anton Largiader

Charlottesville, VA

www.largiader.com

parkec
parkec's picture

Shame.

My buddy had a breakdown on saturday...Crank Sensor? While waiting for a tow we had numerous bikers (if not all) inquire or stop, quite a few auto/trucks stop or slow to check, and some even make u turns on an interstate over pass..in two hours we did not see one LEO. (Central West Florida)

Red_Wing

Yes, that is bad to hear about ANY fellow riders, let alone the BMW guys.

I saw 3 black bear on my way out on Sunday morning. I was less than a mile from the turn in to the CV park. Amazing to see 3 bears crossing the road like that as I had never seen any in the wild. Very awesome.

DannyWiley

When I needed help others stepped up. And I really appreciate it.

I packed in the rain Sunday morning an hit the road. I stopped in Charleston, WV for gas and some coffee. Over 200 miles later I stopped just west of Lexington, KY for gas and a stretch. I opened up my tang bag only to realize (to my great horror) that my wallet was not there. I had left it in Charleston. I had about $3 in change in my tank bag and that was it.

I looked up and saw a couple of riders at the station across the street, one was on a BMW. I waved and he came over. After explaining my dilemma, he smiled and said, "That's no problem at all." He swiped his credit card and filled my empty tank. Then he reached into his pocket and said, "I've only got $11 on me, but you can have it. That should get you home." Thanks, Robert.

About 60 miles down the road my rear tire went flat. I pulled over and got out my pump and pug kit. Just as I got started, Earl pulled over and offered to assist.

In one way, it just wasn't my day. In another way, it was my lucky day.

doggettbeemer

Sure doesn't sound like you had a great day but you're right. This will be one of your memories that you will one day fondly share around campfires. It's probably too fresh right now. Nice to know we have some great people out there.

OU812
OU812's picture

Good people are still out there. You found some!:D

OU812
OU812's picture

AntonLargiader » wrote:
The deer seem to be revered at Cannan Valley SP. Although it's strictly against policy, visitors often feed them and leave leftover food out for them. As if fried chicken and pasta are part of their normal diet... very unhealthy.

I think deer hunting season needs to be opened up a little more.

Really. WAY too many per acre.;)

Join the BMW Riders Association