Main Megamenu

• OTL Magazine
  • The Club

View: Megamenu Slideshow: The Club megamenu slideshow

News of the RA World

What's going on with the club?  This is the place to read about club activities and changes.

You could be here. BMW Riders Association at Petoskey, Michigan July 6,7 & 8

Start or Renew Your Club Membership!

Here's the information you need to join now or renew your Right Attitude membership.

Membership Has Its Benefits

And here are some of them for joining the RA, because the RA is looking for useful discounts and deals for its members.

Welcome to the Black Eagle Shop

Club members can visit the shop for RA "Right Attitude" wear and accessories.

Stay
  • RA Community

View: Megamenu Slideshow: The BMW RA Community megamenu slideshow

Rallies and Events

Plan out your riding season with this zoomable, scrollable and clickable map, along with a date order listing of upcoming Rallies and Events.

Local Chartered Clubs

The RA charters local clubs and provides their information here so you can find them

RA Regions Program

RA volunteers work to keep you informed about what's happening in your area of the world, with local events and news.

Classified Ads

Here's where RA Members can create classified ads to buy, sell or swap BMW Motorcycle related items.

The RA Forum - Where Riders Get Together

The forum is open to anyone.  Join in and express your opinions!

Selected BMW Links

Here are a set of useful links to relevant BMW websites.  We have them grouped into useful categories so you can find what you're looking for quickly: BMW Corporate pages, selected other Clubs, Racing info and, of course, Miscellaneous.

Stay
  • Forum
  • Contact Us

New Member looking for help on the rally

15 posts / 0 new
Last post
thechainreaction
New Member looking for help on the rally

Hello, My name is Bill Tanner and I just joined the group and I am planning on attending the Rally In Cannaan Valley. I live in Haymarket Va. Is anyone going from this area? Or any recent info on the rally Camping vs Hotels. Thanks:)

Edited by: thechainreaction on 2009-07-22 05:00
Beemer-me-up
Beemer-me-up's picture

thechainreaction wrote:
Hello, My name is Bill Tanner and I just joined the group and I am planning on attending the Rally In Cannaan Valley. I live in Haymarket Va. Is anyone going from this area? Or any recent info on the rally Camping vs Hotels. Thanks:)

[="5"]Hi Bill. First off welcome aboard. As to camping or hotel, I guess that depends on if you like camping or not. I've done both at the different rallies over the years and, for me anyways, I enjoy the camping more. Either way I'm sure you will have a good time. later Smile [/]

13 R 1200 RT (90th Anniversary Edition) (Gertrude)

04 R-1150-RT (Traveler) Sold 12-7-15

04 R-1100-RS (Pearl )(gone 10-2008)

78 R-80 (Gone but not Forgotten-KIA by a DUI)

halrkent
Camping

Hi Bill, welcome to the club. I'm also new to the club. My wife and I are going to camp because we want to meet other members and the camping area is a great place to do this. Either way you'll have fun. Hal

thechainreaction
Thanks

Beemer-me-up » wrote:
[="5"]Hi Bill. First off welcome aboard. As to camping or hotel, I guess that depends on if you like camping or not. I've done both at the different rallies over the years and, for me anyways, I enjoy the camping more. Either way I'm sure you will have a good time. later Smile [/]

Thanks for the reply, I spoke with the folks at the resort and was told that the campsites were full. But that they had a few cancellations at the resort so... I got a room. Can you help guide me towards a ralley schedule? I am thinking about arriving early in the AM on Thursday. How early should I be there? Thanks Bill Tanner

dpryan
dpryan's picture

thechainreaction » wrote:
Thanks for the reply, I spoke with the folks at the resort and was told that the campsites were full.

Hi Bill, and welcome! Now, if I can borrow your thread for a minute...:D

This will be my first rally, too, and I'm interested in the resort saying that "campsites were full". A question for the seasoned rally-goers out there: Does that mean the sites are "reserved" in some way?

I pre-registered and designated myself as camping at the rally, so I'm assuming I should be all set?

Dennis
'90 K75RT
'00 Concours
Rounders, COG, RA, AMA, MOA, etc.

Beemer-me-up
Beemer-me-up's picture

Thanks for the reply, I spoke with the folks at the resort and was told that the campsites were full. But that they had a few cancellations at the resort so... I got a room. Can you help guide me towards a ralley schedule? I am thinking about arriving early in the AM on Thursday. How early should I be there? Thanks Bill Tanner

[="5"]I'm not sure what they, the resort meant that the camp sites were full unless they were talking about RV campsites maybe? Anyways for the schedule go to the main page and click onto the 2009 rally info .Everything should be there. I'm sure that most of the clubs officers are in Tenn. at th4 MOA rally so I not sure you will get much responce to this thread at this time.
I alway try to sign up for some type of job when I arrive. Good way to meet some of the othe folks. See you there in a week.
Smile [/]

13 R 1200 RT (90th Anniversary Edition) (Gertrude)

04 R-1150-RT (Traveler) Sold 12-7-15

04 R-1100-RS (Pearl )(gone 10-2008)

78 R-80 (Gone but not Forgotten-KIA by a DUI)

MarkF
MarkF's picture

There is a campground at the resort. That is what is full. There is a camping area for rally goers. There will be room there for you. This resort is unique in that if you get a room or cabin you will still get the full rally experience.

MarkF
2005 Ducati ST3

thechainreaction
Thanks Mark

MarkF » wrote:
There is a campground at the resort. That is what is full. There is a camping area for rally goers. There will be room there for you. This resort is unique in that if you get a room or cabin you will still get the full rally experience.

Thanks for the advice Mark, I will keep the reservation that I have. Are you going.

Bill T.
1997 R1100RT

tmcgee

Can you just show up and register on-site?

-Tom (a beemer, a vstrom, a couple of hondas...)

lineman29

tmcgee » wrote:

I too am new and was hoping for the same thing. I will be down there early afternoon Wed and leaving Sat afternoon. I can pretty much help with anything as far as volunteering goes. Registration and the beer tent are the best way to meet people I think.:)

See you guys there.

thechainreaction
Registration

tmcgee » wrote:

Hello, Most of the folks are already at the ralley in tenn. and at that ralley they have onsite registration, I am sure that you will find registration at command central which is the main resort. I am doing the same thing. See you there. Bill T

97R1100RT

tmcgee

I am sure that you will find registration at command central which is the main resort.

I pre-registered for the MOA rally, but had to eat the cost since I couldn't make it. The RA rally might work for me.

-Tom (a beemer, a vstrom, a couple of hondas...)

MarkF
MarkF's picture

Thanks for the advice Mark, I will keep the reservation that I have. Are you going.

Bill T.
1997 R1100RT

Nope, I went last time, when it was in the Fall. Love the location.

MarkF
2005 Ducati ST3

Kenny Gadley

HI, new here also. I just returned from the MOA Rally, and plan on leaving Wed. morning for the RA Rally. I looked at the GPS coordinants and they seem vague. can anyone share what they have? thanks Kenny...

AntonLargiader
AntonLargiader's picture

Vague, how so? The rally is at Canaan Valley State park, which is on 32 between Harman and Davis.

Anton Largiader

Charlottesville, VA

www.largiader.com

Join the BMW Riders Association