Main Megamenu

• OTL Magazine
  • The Club

View: Megamenu Slideshow: The Club megamenu slideshow

News of the RA World

What's going on with the club?  This is the place to read about club activities and changes.

You could be here. BMW Riders Association at Petoskey, Michigan July 6,7 & 8

Start or Renew Your Club Membership!

Here's the information you need to join now or renew your Right Attitude membership.

Membership Has Its Benefits

And here are some of them for joining the RA, because the RA is looking for useful discounts and deals for its members.

Welcome to the Black Eagle Shop

Club members can visit the shop for RA "Right Attitude" wear and accessories.

Stay
  • RA Community

View: Megamenu Slideshow: The BMW RA Community megamenu slideshow

Rallies and Events

Plan out your riding season with this zoomable, scrollable and clickable map, along with a date order listing of upcoming Rallies and Events.

Local Chartered Clubs

The RA charters local clubs and provides their information here so you can find them

RA Regions Program

RA volunteers work to keep you informed about what's happening in your area of the world, with local events and news.

Classified Ads

Here's where RA Members can create classified ads to buy, sell or swap BMW Motorcycle related items.

The RA Forum - Where Riders Get Together

The forum is open to anyone.  Join in and express your opinions!

Selected BMW Links

Here are a set of useful links to relevant BMW websites.  We have them grouped into useful categories so you can find what you're looking for quickly: BMW Corporate pages, selected other Clubs, Racing info and, of course, Miscellaneous.

Stay
  • Forum
  • Contact Us

From the MOA right to RA site

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
Beemer-me-up
Beemer-me-up's picture
From the MOA right to RA site

:cool: Ive read some where that there will be a special rate for those coming straight from the MOA Rally. Does this include camping????

13 R 1200 RT (90th Anniversary Edition) (Gertrude)

04 R-1150-RT (Traveler) Sold 12-7-15

04 R-1100-RS (Pearl )(gone 10-2008)

78 R-80 (Gone but not Forgotten-KIA by a DUI)

Edited by: Beemer-me-up on 2009-08-03 18:26
vetbmwrider

There has been talk of a rolling rally from the MOA site up into VA and over to the RA site

SherpaMayberry

vetbmwrider » wrote:
There has been talk of a rolling rally from the MOA site up into VA and over to the RA site

Seems like the Boyer Campground would be a great place to stay.

Really nice part of WV. In fact, check out the Cass Rally at the end of May, same location.

Gordan

We are working on a ride from the MOA to the RA. Nothing is cast in stone at this time. We have at least one enthusiastic rider that is willing to be the point person. Details should be coming soon, we just need to confirm a few more things.

We want it to be a "rolling rally" where people can ride solo or in groups. Each night a restaurant or similar place will be designated "the meeting place" You can share experiences of the day's ride with others, maybe there will be some small door prize drawings, etc. Next day you repeat with a new destination. We want to pick destinations where both camping and motels are available.

Hopefully it will run through VA, over the Chesapeake Bridge-Tunnel (a low bridge that is so long there is a gas station in the middle, with ocean views on both sides) Up the Delmarva peninsula to Annapolis, then to WV. So you will go from mountains to ocean to mountains over the course of a few days. The route was picked because it is loaded with early American historical areas, and goes thru places few riders ever have been to.

We want to give participants different options, things to see etc. We are also trying to design it so daily riding is in the 200 to 300 mile range, and so riders can take side trips if they want.
Lastly we want to design it so it can be ridden in either 3 or 4 days.

Gordan

I think (and I will check on this and confirm it on this forum in a few days) that people can start camping from Tuesday night on.
Rally registration opens on Wednesday, and the rally officially starts Thursday.
The resort proposed that for people coming directly from the MOA, if they reserved a room for Monday through Saturday, they were given one night free. However I think just about all the rooms are full and I'm not sure if anyone took them up on their offer.

halrkent
Question

My wife and I signed up for the Heritage Ride. I’m one to take off without much planning but it often comes back to bite me. I need to know where we are going to meet each evening so that I can make reservations to camp. Something more that “being in the Blue Ridge area”, please.
Hal

doggettbeemer
Heritage Ride

Hi. Please take a look at the MOA Forum for up to date information on camping and lodging. We have it listed under Heritage Ride Lodging. I'll get it posted on here too.

Look forward to a great time.

Mark and Tina

brewmeister
rolling rally

Mark and Tina, thank you for hosting the rolling rally,I had a blast. It was nice to have each evenings stop setup, and the flexable ride to each sight for the evening. Please give Bob of Bobs BMW a hand for the supurb setup for those folks who attended. It was great and so many friendly and nice people THANK YOU. SM over and out

[SIGPIC] [/SIGPIC]BREWMEISTER

womanridge
womanridge's picture

Muetzelburg » wrote:
Mark and Tina, thank you for hosting the rolling rally,I had a blast. It was nice to have each evenings stop setup, and the flexable ride to each sight for the evening. Please give Bob of Bobs BMW a hand for the supurb setup for those folks who attended. It was great and so many friendly and nice people THANK YOU. SM over and out

+999 from an appreciative participant!

halrkent
Thanks!

Mark and Tina,
Sherri and I had a blast, thank you so much for organizing the ride. Any chance for a Heritage ride II?
Hal

Join the BMW Riders Association