Main Megamenu

After Labor Day

34 posts / 0 new
Last post
osbornk
After Labor Day

I would like the rally to be after labor day and I would prefer the East Coast since I'm selfish. I know the MOA rally is going to be in Tennessee so fairness would suggest the RA rally should be farther West but we have better attendance in the East.

Ken

Edited by: osbornk on 2008-11-23 13:56
MarkF
MarkF's picture

The location of the MOA rally has little to do with the RA rally. Since they both are negotiating for a long time before either knows what the other is doing. I prefer after Labor Day but if not before July is OK, too. Can someone at least say when it will be next year?

MarkF
2005 Ducati ST3

Beemer-me-up
Beemer-me-up's picture

MarkF » wrote:
The location of the MOA rally has little to do with the RA rally. Since they both are negotiating for a long time before either knows what the other is doing. I prefer after Labor Day but if not before July is OK, too. [B][="Red"]Can someone at least say when it will be next year?[/[/]B]

yes 1-01-09,:D I'm sorry I just couldn't help myself. I hear a date and location will be announced right after Labor Day. With both Rallys on the east coast, (I'm assuming that the RA will be), I just might be able to attend them both next year. :cool:

13 R 1200 RT (90th Anniversary Edition) (Gertrude)

04 R-1150-RT (Traveler) Sold 12-7-15

04 R-1100-RS (Pearl )(gone 10-2008)

78 R-80 (Gone but not Forgotten-KIA by a DUI)

MarkF
MarkF's picture

I'm thinking if it has to be June the second weekend would be great. I could go to the BMWBMW Square Route Rally then blow a week going to the Ra in...

MarkF
2005 Ducati ST3

CTYankee

Please let it be New England...PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE....

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying that I approved of it. -Mark Twain

2005 R1200RT
BMWMOA #125016
BMWRAI #30539

osbornk

CTYankee » wrote:
Please let it be New England...PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE....

You don't want to have to ride through the traffic nightmare to get to the south and I don't want to ride through it to get to the north. I think the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia would be an excellent location.

MarkF
MarkF's picture

osbornk » wrote:
You don't want to have to ride through the traffic nightmare to get to the south and I don't want to ride through it to get to the north. I think the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia would be an excellent location.

Anywhere near the BRP is good with me!

MarkF
2005 Ducati ST3

Dutch

Hey all; I'll cast a second vote for the Shenandoah Valley in the fall!!! Just can't get much nicer then that! (Unless you have it back in the U.P. in the fall.) This suspense in driving me around the bend!! Vaya con Dios, Dutch

kewlmoose
kewlmoose's picture
OK - it's after Labor day, any news?????

There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life.

Frank Zappa

Beemer-me-up
Beemer-me-up's picture

kewlmoose » wrote:
OK - it's after Labor day, any news?????

According to me inside moles, nothing yet, but soon. :cool:

MarkF
MarkF's picture

Beemer-me-up » wrote:
According to me inside moles, nothing yet, but soon. :cool:

When will it be now? Soon.

MarkF
2005 Ducati ST3

osbornk

With gas prices and the current and near future economic situation, I would hope they have it within a reasonable distance of a large concentration of members. I think a rally west of the Mississippi would have a low attendance due to economics.

I think the rally needs to be within about 500 miles of many members homes to have a good turnout.

kewlmoose
kewlmoose's picture
09 rally

Any word yet??? How about a hint?

There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life.

Frank Zappa

jeremell
jeremell's picture
earlier annoucement = more attendance?

I think that the earlier the club can announce the location, the more people will be able to make arrangements to attend.

I was trying to look at when the annoucement was made last year. It appears that it wasn't announced until December:

http://www.bmwra.org/forum/showthread.php?t=106&page=4

MarkF
MarkF's picture

If it's gonna be in June again it needs to be announced soon for some to get the time off. Regardless, if the location is great I will pull out all stops to attend. I regret every RA rally I've missed!

So, when & where is it?

MarkF
2005 Ducati ST3

BadgerX
Far, vote for far

You guys don't really want something too close to where you already live, do you? If you want to go to those places just take a weekend and ride.

The rally needs to be in a place that you might not go to otherwise. You need it as a rationalizing event. Well, I normally wouldn't, but...

I live in Maryland and I am pulling for Seattle or Anchorage.

Most of us need the excitement.

Come on Anchorage!

MarkF
MarkF's picture

BadgerX » wrote:
You guys don't really want something too close to where you already live, do you? If you want to go to those places just take a weekend and ride.

The rally needs to be in a place that you might not go to otherwise. You need it as a rationalizing event. Well, I normally wouldn't, but...

Come on Anchorage!

Sounds good but I got to be able to get there in 2-3 days. Only can take a week off.
I think Nova Scotia or New Brunswick would do it for me!

MarkF
2005 Ducati ST3

BadgerX

New Brunswick or Nova Scotia would be nice. They're both not too far from a large pocket of the population on the East Coast.

osbornk

BadgerX » wrote:

Come on Anchorage!

Some of us have other responsibilities or medical conditions that prevent long trips that take up many days. Due to my wife's medical condition, I limit my trips to within 500 miles of home. This has allowed me to go to RA rallies in Shelbyville, Birmingham and the Biltmore as well as MOA rallies in Lima and Charleston. The MOA rally next year is within an hour of my house.

MichiganMike
POST On IBMWR

Whenever there is a decision and official notificication PLEASE cross post to the IBMWR List with location and dates. Many of us review that list daily and don't always get to the RA or MOA forums etc. TIA. Mike

kewlmoose
kewlmoose's picture
Rumor

Maine? Biggrin

Frank Zappa

MarkF
MarkF's picture

Early June?

MarkF
2005 Ducati ST3

kewlmoose
kewlmoose's picture

Tail end of July?

Frank Zappa

MarkF
MarkF's picture

After Labor Day...............Columbus Day.................Veteran's Day? :confused:

MarkF
2005 Ducati ST3

beemerphile1

Hopefully it will be in the Appalachian mountains and in the fall. I really have no idea where but rumor is that we will know soon.

osbornk

beemerphile1 » wrote:
Hopefully it will be in the Appalachian mountains and in the fall. I really have no idea where but rumor is that we will know soon.

If you haven't been here, you might not understand. We mountain folk like to come home to retire and die (like the Salmon). But to come back home and retire in the beautiful cool mountains with a couple of BMW motorcycles is as good as it gets. We are gradually being over run by halfbacks. Halfbacks are folks from the north who moved to Florida and found it wasn't for them. They moved halfway back home and ended up here in the mountains where the weather is moderate and the living is cheap. Riding through the mountains in the fall is a wonderful experience and I would be out today except for the rain.

kewlmoose
kewlmoose's picture
The rally will be held at

Still waitin...... :confused:

Frank Zappa

Tom Barnhart
Rally date/location

Since the MOA Rally will be in the hottest part of the summer, why not have an early fall rally in the Appalachain mountains so we can better enjoy the cooler weather. The memories of the Biltmore heat and water shortage linger. Also, give some thought to having an affordable rally, not a fund raiser for the site sponsor.

osbornk

Tom Barnhart » wrote:
Since the MOA Rally will be in the hottest part of the summer, why not have an early fall rally in the Appalachain mountains so we can better enjoy the cooler weather. The memories of the Biltmore heat and water shortage linger. Also, give some thought to having an affordable rally, not a fund raiser for the site sponsor.

The heat and drought at the Biltmore was a fluke. The normal weather at that time of year in the area is very cool and everything is green and blooming. I live two and a half hours from the Biltmore and ponds went dry around where I live that had never been dry before and the local lakes were the lowest they had ever been. The MOA rally will only be about an hour and a half (or less) from the Biltmore and it will be comfortable there if the weather is anywhere near normal.

Anyway, I like the rallies that we have had early in October even though Shelbyville was cold.

MarkF
MarkF's picture

So, here is something funny. We were guessing where for the past two months. So after the announcement is made I take a peek over at the MOA forum and there are a couple posts made a while ago that say Canaan valley. Hummmm :eek:

MarkF
2005 Ducati ST3

AntonLargiader
AntonLargiader's picture

Actually the first mention I see of it on the MOA forum was a link to the announcement on this forum. Was anything announced before this one?

http://www.bmwra.org/forum/showthread.php?t=327

Anton Largiader

Charlottesville, VA

www.largiader.com

osbornk

AntonLargiader » wrote:
Actually the first mention I see of it on the MOA forum was a link to the announcement on this forum. Was anything announced before this one?

http://www.bmwra.org/forum/showthread.php?t=327

I don't think so. I saw it here first and posted it immediately on both the MOA forum and the Chromehead forum.

MarkF
MarkF's picture

I saw some posts over there mentioning rumor of Canaan Valley and they were dated before Nov 18th.

http://www.bmwmoa.org/forum/showthread.php?t=29542 see post 14

MarkF
2005 Ducati ST3

Beemer-me-up
Beemer-me-up's picture

MarkF » wrote:
I saw some posts over there mentioning rumor of Canaan Valley and they were dated before Nov 18th.

http://www.bmwmoa.org/forum/showthread.php?t=29542 see post 14

Lucky Guess :cool:

Join the BMW Riders Association