Main Megamenu

2009 Rally

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
*SHAG*
2009 Rally

I'm looking forward to the 2009 Rally

My first RA was Canaan in WV and it rained a little. (a lot). We still had a great time. Saturday was a nice day.

The next one was in Shelbyville. Was hot, then it got cold. Great trip to the Jack Daniels party on top of the hill riding the bus. I got a new rear tire for the ride home. Froze my ass off getting home!

The Boise Rally was tons of fun as 125 or more people were doing the Peaks of America Tour. I really enjoyed the Belly dancers. Great site & watched "Worlds Fastest Man" from my Kermit in front of my tent. Met some great people from around the world. We are great friends now.

The RA at the Biltmore was really good. I'd never been there. Had fun with friends, eating drinking. It was warm and a little dust, but we sure did enjoy it. The last nite, I did have a cold shower, but it wasn't the first time and I'm sure it won't be the last.

2008 Rally was way up in the UP. I had never been there either!! Can't believe is was still light out at 11PM. We took a day trip North and rode a dirt road to the water.

Where ever the rally is this year (09) , I'm sure it will be a great time. I will be there. Lets roll !!!!!!!

2005 GS Rock Red 81k miles

Edited by: *SHAG* on 2009-01-29 17:49
Beemer-me-up
Beemer-me-up's picture

*SHAG* wrote:
I'm looking forward to the 2009 Rally
My first RA was Canaan in WV and it rained a little. (a lot). We still had a great time. Saturday was a nice day.
The RA at the Biltmore was really good. I'd never been there. Had fun with friends, eating drinking. It was warm and a little dust, but we sure did enjoy it. The last nite, I did have a cold shower, but it wasn't the first time and I'm sure it won't be the last.
2008 Rally was way up in the UP. I had never been there either!! Can't believe is was still light out at 11PM. We took a day trip North and rode a dirt road to the water.

Where ever the rally is this year (09) , I'm sure it will be a great time. I will be there. Lets roll !!!!!!!

I too went to these 3 rallys and had a good time at each one. I can usually only attend one national a year due to work and I almost always pick the RA Rally's They may not be big and flashy, but they are never dull either. Hopefully soon we shall here where the 09 rally will be. Hope its worth the wait as the MOA has picked a good spot this year. decisions - decisions

13 R 1200 RT (90th Anniversary Edition) (Gertrude)

04 R-1150-RT (Traveler) Sold 12-7-15

04 R-1100-RS (Pearl )(gone 10-2008)

78 R-80 (Gone but not Forgotten-KIA by a DUI)

MarkF
MarkF's picture

My first was in WV, great time who cares about the weather! My second was in TN, same opinion, had a great time! I regret not going to Barber. I loved!!! the fall format. Wish I coulda gone to the Biltmore cuz I never have. I am sold on RA rallies being the best, not too small, not too big, usually in great locations.

MarkF
2005 Ducati ST3

AntonLargiader
AntonLargiader's picture

Debbi will be on Sidestand Up Radio tomorrow at 8:00 PM talking about the 2009 rally.

http://sidestandup.com

Anton Largiader

Charlottesville, VA

www.largiader.com

osbornk

MarkF » wrote:
My first was in WV, great time who cares about the weather! My second was in TN, same opinion, had a great time! I regret not going to Barber. I loved!!! the fall format. Wish I coulda gone to the Biltmore cuz I never have. I am sold on RA rallies being the best, not too small, not too big, usually in great locations.

Yep. You missed the two best Rallies I have ever been to. I enjoyed the one at Barber more than the Biltmore only because I live within 2 1/2 hours of the Biltmore, have been there several times and because I went to a couple of Honda Hoots in Ashville before they moved it to Knoxville.

AntonLargiader
AntonLargiader's picture

Barber really was great. Having the track right there, with CLASS sessions running during the rally, and let's not forget the museum, it was really unique. I hope we can go back there.

Anton Largiader

Charlottesville, VA

www.largiader.com

Join the BMW Riders Association