Main Megamenu

2009 Canaan Valley Rally - Golf Anyone?

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
rockers
rockers's picture
2009 Canaan Valley Rally - Golf Anyone?

Any BMW Riders / Golfers out there? (besides my wife & I). Canaan Valley has a golf course..so why not have the first (I think) RA Golf Scramble? I've made some initial contacts with the course and the have 12 sets of right handed clubs and 4 sets of left handed for rent. Have a 4 person scramble on Friday morning? Random teams.. 1 set of clubs per team (Hope we have enough lefties).

I'd like to get some feedback/interest to decide if I should pursue this further.

Send me an e-mail if you're interested to rockers@centurytel.net. I'll keep a list and keep you informed. Might be more fun than an ERC course?

Bob Alexander
2008 Rally Chair

Edited by: rockers on 2009-03-23 17:46
Al Olme
Re: Golf

Hey Rock,

I'll play against you if you let me throw the ball. Using those sticks with the knobs on the end is my major handicap. Oh yeah, and you and MB have to play tied together like in a three legged race.

Al Olme
clubless in Mpls.

Al Olme

Minneapolis, Minnesota

rockers
rockers's picture

Thanks Al!.....I'll probably have to drop this idea of golf due to overwelming amount of interest and just ride the bike.

Beemer-me-up
Beemer-me-up's picture

rockers » wrote:
Thanks Al!.....I'll probably have to drop this idea of golf due to overwelming amount of interest and just ride the bike.

Guess there are just not a lot of Golfers going to the rally. Smile

13 R 1200 RT (90th Anniversary Edition) (Gertrude)

04 R-1150-RT (Traveler) Sold 12-7-15

04 R-1100-RS (Pearl )(gone 10-2008)

78 R-80 (Gone but not Forgotten-KIA by a DUI)

AntonLargiader
AntonLargiader's picture

I wouldn't give up on it yet. I think the idea just needs some promotion. Send it to rallyinfo@bmwra.org and maybe something will happen.

Anton Largiader

Charlottesville, VA

www.largiader.com

Join the BMW Riders Association