Main Megamenu

• OTL Magazine
  • The Club

View: Megamenu Slideshow: The Club megamenu slideshow

News of the RA World

What's going on with the club?  This is the place to read about club activities and changes.

You could be here. BMW Riders Association at Petoskey, Michigan July 6,7 & 8

Start or Renew Your Club Membership!

Here's the information you need to join now or renew your Right Attitude membership.

Membership Has Its Benefits

And here are some of them for joining the RA, because the RA is looking for useful discounts and deals for its members.

Welcome to the Black Eagle Shop

Club members can visit the shop for RA "Right Attitude" wear and accessories.

Stay
  • RA Community

View: Megamenu Slideshow: The BMW RA Community megamenu slideshow

Rallies and Events

Plan out your riding season with this zoomable, scrollable and clickable map, along with a date order listing of upcoming Rallies and Events.

Local Chartered Clubs

The RA charters local clubs and provides their information here so you can find them

RA Regions Program

RA volunteers work to keep you informed about what's happening in your area of the world, with local events and news.

Classified Ads

Here's where RA Members can create classified ads to buy, sell or swap BMW Motorcycle related items.

The RA Forum - Where Riders Get Together

The forum is open to anyone.  Join in and express your opinions!

Selected BMW Links

Here are a set of useful links to relevant BMW websites.  We have them grouped into useful categories so you can find what you're looking for quickly: BMW Corporate pages, selected other Clubs, Racing info and, of course, Miscellaneous.

Stay
  • Forum
  • Contact Us

WI Flooding

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
tom42n
WI Flooding

I am sorry to hear about all the flooding in WI... I would like to stop overnight at a State Park (tent camping) or similar on the way up to RA . . probably next Wed night, or possibly Tue night. It would be between 1/2 and 3/4 of the way up through WI.

Can anyone give any insight as to the status of campgrounds in that area of WI.....?

Thanks loads..

Tom Anspach
Winamac, IN
'Have conch horn will travel':)

Edited by: tom42n on 2008-06-13 06:25
jeremell
jeremell's picture
State parks website
jeremell
jeremell's picture
WI emergency management
jeremell
jeremell's picture
DOT info
tom42n
Thanks

That should certainly be enough info. . . now if I can just put it all in perspective and location....

but why worry. . . lets ride and go!!:rolleyes:cool: Smile

rockers
rockers's picture
WI Flooding

The water issues appear to be in southern WI, all south and west of Milwaukee. If you stay near Lake Michigan till you get north of Milwaukee, I don't think you'll have any problems.

Bob

tom42n
I39

how about I39 IL North?

off hand it looks ok.

Thanks for the info

rockers
rockers's picture
WI Flooding

If you go to this link;
dot.wisconsin.gov/travel/incident-alerts.htm

and click on "Map of incidents listed below" it shows you where the problems are...I-39 looks OK

yaeger valley a...
maybe try western WI

Tom,
The flooding is very bad across much of the lower third of Wisconsin.

The best riding is in the western half of the state. When are you leaving?

The road status information will be much better after the weekend, since the rains have moved eastward.

If possible, if I were you, I would head across Illinois and come into Wisconsin in eastern Grant County, then take state highways north. There are nice campgrounds in many of the small communities along the way.

Unfortunately, Grant County received some of the worst flooding, so routing may be difficult.

Myself, I would stay away from eastern Wisconsin just because of congestion.

I live along the Mississippi River in Buffalo County. We stayed relatively dry.

My route to the rally will be to take Hwy 95 east, then head north on a state highway, maybe Hwy 13.

Good luck!

Gary LeMasters

tom42n
Thanks for the info Gary

I should have started this thread on the 'Rides forum', If I knew how to move it over I would, but I don't.

This is my general plan. . . subject to change, like the wind and weather.

-My friend from Canfield OH will come over probably Monday NLT Tuesday
-Leave Tuesday morn, maybe after some Biscuits and Gravy at Vicki's in Winamac (IN14/US35).
-Head west around Chicago via IN14 etc. Kanakee IL to Morris and I80
- North on I39 I like to see how many new wind turbins are up. . around Paw Paw
- Then off the slab up in WI probably N of Madison and wander around feeling our way up to Houghton by Wed or Thursday. Camping 1 or 2 nights on the way. MOL via US45.

Join the BMW Riders Association