Main Megamenu

  • OTL Magazine
  • The Club

    View: Megamenu Slideshow: The Club megamenu slideshow

    News of the RA World

    What's going on with the club?  This is the place to read about club activities and changes.

     

    You could be here. BMW Riders Association at Petoskey, Michigan July 6,7 & 8

    Start or Renew Your Club Membership!

    Here's the information you need to join now or renew your Right Attitude membership.

    Membership Has Its Benefits

    And here are some of them for joining the RA, because the RA is looking for useful discounts and deals for its members.

    Welcome to the Black Eagle Shop

    Club members can visit the shop for RA "Right Attitude" wear and accessories.

    Stay
  • RA Community

    View: Megamenu Slideshow: The BMW RA Community megamenu slideshow

    Rallies and Events

    Plan out your riding season with this zoomable, scrollable and clickable map, along with a date order listing of upcoming Rallies and Events.

    Local Chartered Clubs

    The RA charters local clubs and provides their information here so you can find them

    RA Regions Program

    RA volunteers work to keep you informed about what's happening in your area of the world, with local events and news.

    Classified Ads

    Here's where RA Members can create classified ads to buy, sell or swap BMW Motorcycle related items.

    The RA Forum - Where Riders Get Together

    The forum is open to anyone.  Join in and express your opinions!

    Selected BMW Links

    Here are a set of useful links to relevant BMW websites.  We have them grouped into useful categories so you can find what you're looking for quickly: BMW Corporate pages, selected other Clubs, Racing info and, of course, Miscellaneous.

    Stay
  • Forum
  • Contact Us

2009 Rally location?

17 posts / 0 new
Last post
ben721364
Offline
Last seen: Never ago
Joined: 1997-11-28 00:00
2009 Rally location?

Where's the 2009 RA rally gonna be? When too? Thanks.

Edited by: ben721364 on 2008-08-07 14:50
jeremell
jeremell's picture
Offline
Last seen: Never ago
Joined: 2006-07-27 00:00
'09 MOA rally

The MOA has its '09 rally info up - July 16-19 in Gray, TN.

ben721364
Offline
Last seen: Never ago
Joined: 1997-11-28 00:00

jeremell » wrote:
The MOA has its '09 rally info up - July 16-19 in Gray, TN.

Thanks. I am interested in the RA rally location.

manic mechanic
manic mechanic's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 5 days ago
Joined: 2000-05-26 00:00

AFAIK, negotiations are still in progress and an announcement will not be made until a contract is signed. Stay tuned for further info.

1976 R90/6, 2015 R1200GSA(W)

Rounder #6

Wisconsin Region Rep, MOA Ambassador

 





 

jeremell
jeremell's picture
Offline
Last seen: Never ago
Joined: 2006-07-27 00:00

ben721364 » wrote:
Thanks. I am interested in the RA rally location.

Yes...I was simply noting it for information.

Staying tuned for further (RA) info.

MarkF
MarkF's picture
Offline
Last seen: Never ago
Joined: 2002-09-01 00:00

Please, please, pretty please, back to fall.

MarkF
2005 Ducati ST3

osbornk
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 11 months ago
Joined: 1998-08-15 00:00

MarkF » wrote:
Please, please, pretty please, back to fall.

I also prefer late September/early Octoberm whjere there are trees.

Ken

CW_Bang
Offline
Last seen: Never ago
Joined: 1991-12-17 00:00
Fall

yes, yes, fall is good, hurricanes and all. Rite now it's too close to the MOA. We need space...

Jerry from downtown Hiawassee:)

BeemerArp
Offline
Last seen: Never ago
Joined: 2007-02-19 00:00
Fall ... Please

CW_Bang » wrote:
yes, yes, fall is good, hurricanes and all. Rite now it's too close to the MOA. We need space...

Jerry from downtown Hiawassee:)

++1 ..........

K8ARP

2009 Silver BMW R1200RT
2010 Red Honda Elite 110
1989 Blue Schwinn LeTour

BMW Motorcycle Owners of Cleveland #196

jddlad
Offline
Last seen: Never ago
Joined: 2008-04-21 00:00

Agree - prefer late september or early October.

Jim D
04 R1150RT,95 R100M,79 R65 & two 74 Yamaha TX750

MarkF
MarkF's picture
Offline
Last seen: Never ago
Joined: 2002-09-01 00:00

I might be wrong to talk about the other club but:

If you check out their forum - [URL="http://www.bmwmoa.org/forum/showthread.php?t=27896"]http://www.bmwmoa.org/forum/showthread.php?t=27896[/URL] - you will read yet another year of the same complaints. No rally can be perfect but the sheer size of the MOA rally makes it so much harder. It's just near impossible to feed and shower thousands of people without a lot of waiting. Not to mention price gouging. Plus the site requirements eliminates a lot of rural America.

It reminds me why I love the RA rally (when it's in the fall). Wink

MarkF
2005 Ducati ST3

OldBMWMaster
OldBMWMaster's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 5 hours ago
Joined: 2007-05-31 00:00
In agreement

We live on an island and live off the tourist trade in the summer. Anything past Labor Day works for us both.

Jerry & Barbie

Jerry Dockery

Kure Beach, NC

Coastal Carolina Riders Club RA # 346

910-262-2843

SherpaMayberry
Offline
Last seen: 7 years 3 months ago
Joined: 2006-11-21 16:39

OldBMWMaster » wrote:
We live on an island and live off the tourist trade in the summer. Anything past Labor Day works for us both.

Jerry & Barbie

Me too!

(the rest of this text is to get the post past the 10 character limitation)

ben721364
Offline
Last seen: Never ago
Joined: 1997-11-28 00:00

MarkF » wrote:
I might be wrong to talk about the other club but:

If you check out their forum - [URL="http://www.bmwmoa.org/forum/showthread.php?t=27896"]http://www.bmwmoa.org/forum/showthread.php?t=27896[/URL] - you will read yet another year of the same complaints. No rally can be perfect but the sheer size of the MOA rally makes it so much harder. It's just near impossible to feed and shower thousands of people without a lot of waiting. Not to mention price gouging. Plus the site requirements eliminates a lot of rural America.

It reminds me why I love the RA rally (when it's in the fall). Wink

Agreed. The MOA rally is too big for me. Having said that, considering the size, they do a very good job kinda like the GWRRA rallies.

jeremell
jeremell's picture
Offline
Last seen: Never ago
Joined: 2006-07-27 00:00
Link to another 09 rally thread
osbornk
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 11 months ago
Joined: 1998-08-15 00:00

MarkF » wrote:
I might be wrong to talk about the other club but:

If you check out their forum - [URL="http://www.bmwmoa.org/forum/showthread.php?t=27896"]http://www.bmwmoa.org/forum/showthread.php?t=27896[/URL] - you will read yet another year of the same complaints. No rally can be perfect but the sheer size of the MOA rally makes it so much harder. It's just near impossible to feed and shower thousands of people without a lot of waiting. Not to mention price gouging. Plus the site requirements eliminates a lot of rural America.

It reminds me why I love the RA rally (when it's in the fall). Wink

The MOA Raly in 2009 is in Gray Tennessee. It's pretty darn rural (I live 60 miles away). I think the only way it got to be in such a rural area is because it is near the NA$CAR track in Bristol, TN. They figure if the area can handle 160,000 race fans twice a year, they should be able to handle 10,000 or so attendees at a motorcycle rally.

The response since the announcement of the 2009 rally has been very positive where it was very negative at the 2008 rally location in Gillette.

ben721364
Offline
Last seen: Never ago
Joined: 1997-11-28 00:00

osbornk » wrote:
The MOA Raly in 2009 is in Gray Tennessee. It's pretty darn rural (I live 60 miles away). I think the only way it got to be in such a rural area is because it is near the NA$CAR track in Bristol, TN. They figure if the area can handle 160,000 race fans twice a year, they should be able to handle 10,000 or so attendees at a motorcycle rally.

The response since the announcement of the 2009 rally has been very positive where it was very negative at the 2008 rally location in Gillette.

That part of TN is beautiful and there is also much more in the way of facilities than in Gillette. Have you head how Gillette happened to be selected? I remember the rally in Missoula 10 or 12 years ago which was wonderful.

Join the BMW Riders Association