Main Megamenu

• OTL Magazine
  • The Club

View: Megamenu Slideshow: The Club megamenu slideshow

News of the RA World

What's going on with the club?  This is the place to read about club activities and changes.

You could be here. BMW Riders Association at Petoskey, Michigan July 6,7 & 8

Start or Renew Your Club Membership!

Here's the information you need to join now or renew your Right Attitude membership.

Membership Has Its Benefits

And here are some of them for joining the RA, because the RA is looking for useful discounts and deals for its members.

Welcome to the Black Eagle Shop

Club members can visit the shop for RA "Right Attitude" wear and accessories.

Stay
  • RA Community

View: Megamenu Slideshow: The BMW RA Community megamenu slideshow

Rallies and Events

Plan out your riding season with this zoomable, scrollable and clickable map, along with a date order listing of upcoming Rallies and Events.

Local Chartered Clubs

The RA charters local clubs and provides their information here so you can find them

RA Regions Program

RA volunteers work to keep you informed about what's happening in your area of the world, with local events and news.

Classified Ads

Here's where RA Members can create classified ads to buy, sell or swap BMW Motorcycle related items.

The RA Forum - Where Riders Get Together

The forum is open to anyone.  Join in and express your opinions!

Selected BMW Links

Here are a set of useful links to relevant BMW websites.  We have them grouped into useful categories so you can find what you're looking for quickly: BMW Corporate pages, selected other Clubs, Racing info and, of course, Miscellaneous.

Stay
  • Forum
  • Contact Us

Rally Admission Cost

16 posts / 0 new
Last post
bmwdave
bmwdave's picture
Rally Admission Cost

Hi Everyone,

Has anyone heard what the admission cost is going to be for the rally?
Any information would be helpful. Smile

Dave
Winston-Salem

Edited by: bmwdave on 2007-06-01 09:55
AntonLargiader
AntonLargiader's picture

Hey Dave,

Not quite set yet, but will be in the sixtysomething range.

Which is of course much higher than in the past, but the big draw is the house and estate for which one normally pays $42 per day (adult, weekend, summer). Attendees get three days admission with the rally fee, plus door prizes and so forth, so I think it's a nice deal all in all. My whole family is coming just for that (mostly non-riders).

Anton Largiader

Charlottesville, VA

www.largiader.com

nomad
registration

When can I register?

MarkF
MarkF's picture

It's almost tempting to take the car, wide, etc and get a room in town. Tour the grounds, visit the beer garden, etc.

MarkF
2005 Ducati ST3

osbornk

Sixty something will be a very fair price because of what is offered. A single day visit will not allow a person to fully appreciate or see all that is available. It is also a good deal for the Biltmore. The exposure to members who have never been there will attract many future visitors once the member shows photos and describes what is there to family and friends.

scbmwrider
scbmwrider's picture

MarkF » wrote:
It's almost tempting to take the car, wide, etc and get a room in town. Tour the grounds, visit the beer garden, etc.

NO NO NO :eek:

You will hate yourself once you are DRIVING the great roads. Bring the bike and UPS stuff home if you have to.

Now we may drive both the car and bike (were an hour away) and camp decadently.

Ride Safe

Greg Hunt Moore, SC

93 K75S
84 R100RT

Klassic K Kampout VI July 12-14 2013

Klassic K Kampout stuff

MOA #52651, RA #28912, SLEDDOG, CONEBUTT
DOD #1698 K-whiner #350
Squid Factor 11.72 (calculated the orginal DOD way)

bmwgirl

[="DarkOrchid"]does that mean $60pp??? I've never been there - and I've never been to an RA rally - but I guess that seems a little high?? If you stay at the hotel in town - does that mean you can't come for the day?? or is it extra?? Am I asking silly questions - is this information posted somewhere and I just need to read it?? :confused: [/]

Love My K1300GT!!!

Tina -BMW Bikers of Metropolitan Washington - President - BMWBMW Club

AZgman
AZgman's picture

Go here: http://www.bmwra.org/rally/ to get more info and to register. Cost is $61 per rider (a passenger is free!)

'17 R1200GS

MOA 107139

RA 28511

sprdoorman
Per Bike or Per Person?

Are you sure about the $61.00 being the total for a rider, and guest or passenger. I took it that the cost was to be $61.00 per person. The cost of $30.50 per person for a rider/guest seems a little low for this kind of event.

The instructions for registering don't seem real clear on this.

AntonLargiader
AntonLargiader's picture

It's $61 per adult. It looks like the rally staff wants to limit each preregistration purchase to one vehicle; i.e. the rider with one passenger of whatever type. I suspect this is to help the traffic flow at the gate (this has to be integrated with the regular Biltmore security after all).

Maybe I can get someone to re-write that part.

Anton Largiader

Charlottesville, VA

www.largiader.com

scbmwrider
scbmwrider's picture
Day Passes

I know with the location day passes are probably not going to be offered.:confused:

We are local and have friends that would probably like to come for the day but not the entire rally. So will day passes be offered?

Also we do know a few folks that have season passes to Biltmore and would like to visit the rally. What about those with season pass holders who would like to spend some time with the RA folks?

Ride Safe

Greg Hunt Moore, SC

93 K75S
84 R100RT

Klassic K Kampout VI July 12-14 2013

Klassic K Kampout stuff

MOA #52651, RA #28912, SLEDDOG, CONEBUTT
DOD #1698 K-whiner #350
Squid Factor 11.72 (calculated the orginal DOD way)

bertbrumfield
bertbrumfield's picture

Day passes will not be offered.

WE are discussing what to do about seasonal pass holders.
I also have passes, and hope that the $31 will be waived.

Bert Brumfield
BMWRA Region Rep North Carolina

Chuck Luck
Chuck Luck's picture

i have been there 3 times this year already and i live in nashville. awesome ride. unreal place to visit. one of the coolest cities in the world.

DO NOT DRIVE YOUR..... CAR.

THIS PRICE IS CHEAP. YOU WILL UNDERSTAND WHEN YOU SEE THIS PLACE. I BITCHED THE FIRST TIME I WENT ALSO.

hodi650
Costs for rally

I am from the Asheville area and have visited Biltmore perhaps 100 times in 25 years. I will tell you this much: No locals can figure out how the RA got such an incredible deal from the Estate. I have to confess to being somewhat sick of touring the estate but this event is pretty amazing. We are without question taking the opportunity to camp and we live about 1 mile away, you are simply not allowed to do it. I have registered but am waiting for some kind of catch 'cause the price is not believable. My trip to Vegas and my wife's trip to the Yucatan were promptly postponed upon hearing about this. (No, I'm not RA or Biltmore related Smile )

tbourque

bertbrumfield » wrote:
Day passes will not be offered.

WE are discussing what to do about seasonal pass holders.
I also have passes, and hope that the $31 will be waived.

Has a decision been made for local folks who have year passes to the Biltmore? I live in the area and myself and a few other riders are planning to attend and most have yearly passes to the Biltmore.

Thanks!

AntonLargiader
AntonLargiader's picture

Yes, Debbi told me that a portion ($31 I think) of the fee will be waived for season pass holders. Just present your pass at registration. If you preregistered at the full rate, they'll probably work something out to refund you the difference.

Anton Largiader

Charlottesville, VA

www.largiader.com

Join the BMW Riders Association