Main Megamenu

• OTL Magazine
  • The Club

View: Megamenu Slideshow: The Club megamenu slideshow

News of the RA World

What's going on with the club?  This is the place to read about club activities and changes.

You could be here. BMW Riders Association at Petoskey, Michigan July 6,7 & 8

Start or Renew Your Club Membership!

Here's the information you need to join now or renew your Right Attitude membership.

Membership Has Its Benefits

And here are some of them for joining the RA, because the RA is looking for useful discounts and deals for its members.

Welcome to the Black Eagle Shop

Club members can visit the shop for RA "Right Attitude" wear and accessories.

Stay
  • RA Community

View: Megamenu Slideshow: The BMW RA Community megamenu slideshow

Rallies and Events

Plan out your riding season with this zoomable, scrollable and clickable map, along with a date order listing of upcoming Rallies and Events.

Local Chartered Clubs

The RA charters local clubs and provides their information here so you can find them

RA Regions Program

RA volunteers work to keep you informed about what's happening in your area of the world, with local events and news.

Classified Ads

Here's where RA Members can create classified ads to buy, sell or swap BMW Motorcycle related items.

The RA Forum - Where Riders Get Together

The forum is open to anyone.  Join in and express your opinions!

Selected BMW Links

Here are a set of useful links to relevant BMW websites.  We have them grouped into useful categories so you can find what you're looking for quickly: BMW Corporate pages, selected other Clubs, Racing info and, of course, Miscellaneous.

Stay
  • Forum
  • Contact Us

Coffee With Dave

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
pmdave
Coffee With Dave

I will again be hosting "coffee with Dave" on Friday and Saturday mornings, same as at previous rallies.

At the Canaan Valley WV rally, we were treated to the tail end of a big storm, which drove a lot of the rallygoers under the tents. Many rallygoers like to use the rally site as a base, and spend the days exploring the area. But because of the wind/rain in WV, the "explorers" discovered that the seminars are really interesting. As a result, we've had more participants at the various seminars.

"Coffee with Dave (Hough)" is really more than just simple coffee. We try to make pastries and other snack food available at the early/late* hour of 7:00a, but the real emphasis is on having a good natter, cracking a few bad jokes, and getting to know some really interesting people, like Tom Mehren, (the brains behind soundrider.com and sponsor of Sport Bike NW and other NW events) and Karen Bolin, president of the Motorcycle Riders Foundation.

BTW, Tom says he will have a quantity of the Proficient Motorcycling books for sale at "coffee", so if you want an autographed copy you can get one.

*depending upon your personal clock

I haven't seen the schedule yet, but I've asked for a riding skills seminar to follow "coffee". Bring your curiosity, questions, and opinions. I might even address my concerns about braking systems (that have become a standing curmudgeon topic in OTL)

I've also requested time for a sidecar seminar. If you've ever wondered why people screw up a perfectly good two-wheeler by adding a third wheel, we could talk about that, perhaps offer some practical advice about assembling a rig or learning how to drive one. You might want to learn some sidecar skills before you're too old to appreciate how much fun it is to drive a rig.

And, BTW, my thanks to Dave Hannigan for taking over the sidecar gathering last year at Shelbyville TN, after I was whisked away to the hospital in the ambulance. With any sort of luck, I'll be able to continue this year in Boise.

David L. Hough
aka pmdave

Edited by: pmdave on 2006-07-02 21:25
Tallyho
Tallyho's picture

Count me in! Looking forward to meeting you, Dave. :cool:

Bob Morrow #28671
BMWMOA - BMWRA - RCB - AMA
2002 K1200LTE "Green Hornet" LT 4 Two
"Kyrie Eleison down the road that I must travel"

PNWLady

Oh goody, people will be up to have coffee with. I'll be there.:)

GregFeeler
GregFeeler's picture
Coffee With Dave - Western Town building

pmdave wrote:
I will again be hosting "coffee with Dave" on Friday and Saturday mornings, same as at previous rallies.

At the Canaan Valley WV rally, we were treated to the tail end of a big storm, which drove a lot of the rallygoers under the tents. Many rallygoers like to use the rally site as a base, and spend the days exploring the area. But because of the wind/rain in WV, the "explorers" discovered that the seminars are really interesting. As a result, we've had more participants at the various seminars.

"Coffee with Dave (Hough)" is really more than just simple coffee. We try to make pastries and other snack food available at the early/late* hour of 7:00a, but the real emphasis is on having a good natter, cracking a few bad jokes, and getting to know some really interesting people, like Tom Mehren, (the brains behind [URL="http://www.soundrider.com"]www.soundrider.com[/URL] and sponsor of Sport Bike NW and other NW events) and Karen Bolin, president of the Motorcycle Riders Foundation.

BTW, Tom says he will have a quantity of the Proficient Motorcycling books for sale at "coffee", so if you want an autographed copy you can get one.

*depending upon your personal clock

I haven't seen the schedule yet, but I've asked for a riding skills seminar to follow "coffee". Bring your curiosity, questions, and opinions. I might even address my concerns about braking systems (that have become a standing curmudgeon topic in OTL)

I've also requested time for a sidecar seminar. If you've ever wondered why people screw up a perfectly good two-wheeler by adding a third wheel, we could talk about that, perhaps offer some practical advice about assembling a rig or learning how to drive one. You might want to learn some sidecar skills before you're too old to appreciate how much fun it is to drive a rig.

And, BTW, my thanks to Dave Hannigan for taking over the sidecar gathering last year at Shelbyville TN, after I was whisked away to the hospital in the ambulance. With any sort of luck, I'll be able to continue this year in Boise.

David L. Hough
aka pmdave

Dave,
Please check out the Rally Schedule by following the link at the top of this page just above of the State of Idaho Rally logo: [URL="http://www.bmwra.org/rally/"]http://www.bmwra.org/rally/[/URL]. There's a site map link there as well. We have you in a very nice facility called the Western Town building. There is also a slot for your sidecar presentation!

The Rally is providing free coffee for everyone for several hours starting at 6:00am in the South Expo building every morning. We are working on a system to get coffee to the Western Town building for you (brewers or thermal pots). We also need a pastery runner, but the good news is there is a great pastery shop about a quarter of a mile from the Rally site. Maybe one of the early birds will take on the pastery task. Wink

There is a lot to do at this Rally and we're hoping the biggest complaint will be that folks didn't have enough time to do it all!

Greg Feeler
1972 R75/5, 1990 K75, 1990 K1, 1992 K75S, 2003 K1200RS
2006 "Discover Yourself In Idaho" RA Rally Co-Chair
BMW MOA President

Join the BMW Riders Association