Main Megamenu

• OTL Magazine
  • The Club

View: Megamenu Slideshow: The Club megamenu slideshow

News of the RA World

What's going on with the club?  This is the place to read about club activities and changes.

You could be here. BMW Riders Association at Petoskey, Michigan July 6,7 & 8

Start or Renew Your Club Membership!

Here's the information you need to join now or renew your Right Attitude membership.

Membership Has Its Benefits

And here are some of them for joining the RA, because the RA is looking for useful discounts and deals for its members.

Welcome to the Black Eagle Shop

Club members can visit the shop for RA "Right Attitude" wear and accessories.

Stay
  • RA Community

View: Megamenu Slideshow: The BMW RA Community megamenu slideshow

Rallies and Events

Plan out your riding season with this zoomable, scrollable and clickable map, along with a date order listing of upcoming Rallies and Events.

Local Chartered Clubs

The RA charters local clubs and provides their information here so you can find them

RA Regions Program

RA volunteers work to keep you informed about what's happening in your area of the world, with local events and news.

Classified Ads

Here's where RA Members can create classified ads to buy, sell or swap BMW Motorcycle related items.

The RA Forum - Where Riders Get Together

The forum is open to anyone.  Join in and express your opinions!

Selected BMW Links

Here are a set of useful links to relevant BMW websites.  We have them grouped into useful categories so you can find what you're looking for quickly: BMW Corporate pages, selected other Clubs, Racing info and, of course, Miscellaneous.

Stay
  • Forum
  • Contact Us

Accomodations?

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Old_Mil
Accomodations?

Hello,

I received the email mentioning the on site "dry" RV camping and the other campground that is a short walk from the rally grounds (how far is a "short" walk)?

Also, are there any nearby hotels?

Edited by: Old_Mil on 2006-03-20 16:59
AntonLargiader
AntonLargiader's picture

The rally homepage has a list of motels; if you've already seen that and it didn't answer your questions theen let us know exacly what info you want.

Hopefully I'll be posting a map of the rally site within a day or two and it'll show the RV areas.

Anton Largiader

Charlottesville, VA

www.largiader.com

RickEdwards
RAlly camping and motels

Old_Mil wrote:
Hello,

I received the email mentioning the on site "dry" RV camping and the other campground that is a short walk from the rally grounds (how far is a "short" walk)?

Also, are there any nearby hotels?

Old_Mil,
Not sure if Anton was able to provide you the information you needed so thought I might be able to help. I live in Boise and am very familiar with the rally grounds. The RV camping will be a the On The River RV Park, located immediately north of the grounds. It is actually part of the Expo Idaho facility and is along the Boise River. A fence and gate seperate the RV park from the grassy camping area those of us in tents will be using. From the gate to the center of it all (which I think is the vendor sites, but I'm biased) it is a 150 yd. walk. Most of the motels/hotels near the rally grounds are up the road ~1-4 miles. If you choose to stay at the RV park, there is a link on the 2006 RAlly page for reservations. The park has sites with full hook-ups and some without.

Don't forget to bring your fishing poles. The section of the river along the RV park is on of the best sections for trout fishing. Can't say for sure right now, but in the past the Idaho Dept. of Fish and Game has released adult steelhead in the river in this area. I'll talk with some of my buddies at IDFG to see if this is going to happen around the time of the rally. Smile ---rick

Rick Edwards
'88 R100RS
2006 Discover Yourself in Idaho! RA Rally Vendor Chair

Join the BMW Riders Association